Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just wondering what is a good exhaust for a blown car. I like the GT500 mufflers on the 11-14 cars.. Wondering if there is a catback in 3" that sounds close to the GT500 mufflers.

Here is a track pass before the supercharger.. I have full Stainless Works 3" exhaust with no cats...The exhaust is amazing.. Sounds great, it is just extremely loud.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I'm running the solo Mach XV. I use to have MBRP race and I loved the sound but wanted something quieter to keep the neighbors happy. The solo sounds badass and is the perfect volume.

GHOSTRACER

Midlife Crisis......Again
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Magnaflow Steet

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Magnaflow Street

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
any of the quieter systems will be fine

mbrp street, mag street, borla touring, etc..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dntalman

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP
OP
Dntalman

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I love the Stainless Works exhaust. It sounds great inside the car and outside the car.. If you are outside watching it go by.. IT IS DRAG CAR LOUD!! I have to ease through the neighborhood and when I am in town. Supercharging it gave it double the power and double the sound.. Honestly, the SW exhaust SOUNDS AMAZING... If you want super loud with amazing sound.. I 100% recommend this exhaust.. I don't think I will sell it.. I just want to pick up a quieter catback so I can play with the car on the street

Here is a link to how the exhaust sounds. Go to the end of the video for wide open runs

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
weather you have a SC or not you want a cat back without drone,only a few companies
even address this issue,
I would recommend American Racing Headers products

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Im not sure about the street,but i have the magnaflow comp without cats and the drone is terrible. Even when the cats were on it was bad.I love the sound of the comp,but after i put my procharger on im going to find something with way less drone.I dont mind loud,drone is a differe t story.Not sure if the mag street would have any less drone.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Anything with headers might be too loud. You could try putting cats back in to tune it down a bit. I have the ARH with catted SW headers and normal cruising you hardly notice a volume increase from headers. Get on it and it's LOUD outside the car. Inside, not bad at all. I think the ARH is perfect for me. After trying 3 other exhausts, it's probably what I'll always run from now on.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Anything with headers might be too loud. You could try putting cats back in to tune it down a bit. I have the ARH with catted SW headers and normal cruising you hardly notice a volume increase from headers. Get on it and it's LOUD outside the car. Inside, not bad at all. I think the ARH is perfect for me. After trying 3 other exhausts, it's probably what I'll always run from now on.
Thats what im looking for,something loud outside the car but no drone and little sound inside the car.

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Started with Flowmaster cat back. Definitely was loud. Loved the sound, but drone was a bit much for me.

I now have Pypes headers with a Maganflow Comp system after that with X pipe, and all 3 inch. That was too loud. I added Dynomax 4" race bullets. That did tone it done just about to where I can deal with it now. Not a night and day difference, but helped for sure.

Now my last thought is whether or not just swapping the mufflers from Magnaflow Competition to Magnaflow street would help or not...I love the sound of the car, but lower volume without sacrificing power would be great. If not, I will stay where I am. Thanks!

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Thats what im looking for,something loud outside the car but no drone and little sound inside the car.

My ARH has 0 drone with headers. Even less than without the headers ironically. I would say the drone with an auto was a 1 or 2. Really nothing. Now it's gone.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
I have cat delete with the rest all factory and have drone. I'm thinking that I may try Pypes cat back and add flowmaster dbx at the back........input??

389197_alt2.jpg

flowmaster-dbx-series-laminar-flow-muffler.jpg

OP
OP
Dntalman

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My Stainless Works exhaust doesn't drone.. It is very comfortable to drive and ride in. It is just super loud outside..Does Corsa exhaust make a street catback?
Sponsored