Questioning Purchase of 2015 Mustang GT "run power active"

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
FordService - How would I know if the crash was caused or not caused by the malfunction of my vehicle? I am not a certified Ford technician nor am I claiming to be. I was asked a question by the service manager and I gave the honest answer of "I don'tknow. It might have, it might not have, I just don't know".

Maybe you can assist with my insurance company and the lack of response on behalf of Ford. My insurance agent as well as my adjuster have tried multiple times since yesterday to get a hold of the customer service manager assigned to my case. Also the same person who told me, and I quote "I'm advising you to seek outside counsel". As you know, all calls are monitored and recorded for quality and compliance purposes. Feedback needs to be given to ensure this situation never happens again to another one of your many customers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Trueblue16 - Nothing mechanical was replaced other than the radiator and the CAI. Neither were damaged but I think they wanted to make some money lol.

PhillMcKraken - Even if it was the accident that is causing the issue, the accident has only brought attention to already underlying issue. The "run power active" notification was programed into the computer by someone at Ford. It's not like SkyNet and my Mustang computer rewrote itself. Ford heard nothing of a lawsuit and told ME to lawyer up lol. My insurance company has no problem paying for the issue. The problem is, the geniuses at Ford can't fix the problem and now refuse to touch the car.

I truly do appreciate your input and I'm glad we all can have an open conversation with one another. Excluding Ford of course....

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
Losing power cannot cause you to rear end someone, even if you stalled out you still have your brakes and still have your steering for a time.

It's an absurd suggestion not unlike 99.99% of those GM claims with the ignition.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
FordService - How would I know if the crash was caused or not caused by the malfunction of my vehicle?
this looks like it has a lot of potential to bog down and take quite a bit of time to resolve. Who received the traffic citation? The usual for a rear-end accident is following too closely. You haven't explained the details, but one possibility that I can imagine is that loss of engine power resulted in loss of brakes, and I haven't had that happen so I don't know if a car in that situation can still be stopped in a reasonable amount of time.

If a second Ford dealership won't fix the engine, any chance of towing the car to an independent shop and having them diagnose and fix the engine? And then depending on the findings submitting just that part of the bill to Ford as a warranty repair?

Insurance company of either party involved should cover the accident damage, and if the insurance company is bothered by the engine stalled information, they can negotiate that with Ford themselves.

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
this looks like it has a lot of potential to bog down and take quite a bit of time to resolve. Who received the traffic citation? The usual for a rear-end accident is following too closely. You haven't explained the details, but one possibility that I can imagine is that loss of engine power resulted in loss of brakes, and I haven't had that happen so I don't know if a car in that situation can still be stopped in a reasonable amount of time.
You don't lose your brakes, you will lose power assist possibly after a couple applications but you can still stop with no problem.

Same with steering, effort will increase, that's it.

Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Trueblue16 - Nothing mechanical was replaced other than the radiator and the CAI. Neither were damaged but I think they wanted to make some money lol.
Was the MAF sensor reused? If so did you make sure it wasn't damaged at all? Make sure the throttle body didnt sustain any damage too.

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just a quick update. Not the Ford dealership but Ford themselves (also the individuals that advised me to have my insurance company deal with Ford direct) is now unwilling to work with my insurance company. The Farmers Claims rep said he has worked for Farmers for almost 20 years and has never seen this. I will literally pay out of pocket just to get my car fixed and back on the road....

OP
OP

jb3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mike A. - I honestly don't know. I was on a somewhat busy road. Not stop and go by any means. I just remember the car in front of me aporaching faster than normal, I attempted to apply my brakes, and the colission happened.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Just a quick update. Not the Ford dealership but Ford themselves (also the individuals that advised me to have my insurance company deal with Ford direct) is now unwilling to work with my insurance company. The Farmers Claims rep said he has worked for Farmers for almost 20 years and has never seen this. I will literally pay out of pocket just to get my car fixed and back on the road....
what a mess. Someone needs to be untangle the engine repair from the insurance claim. Even if the engine stalled, it sounds like you were following too close or got distracted. Attempting to prove anything else without a dash camera is going to be non-trivial. Let the insurance company cover the accident, Ford fixes the engine under warranty, take a defensive driving course, and move on with life.

Sponsored

dwroth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT Prem w/PP
It seems like there may be more to the story than you are saying. And, why should Ford pay for your rental? You had an accident, your car is in for repairs. A rental seems like an issue between you and your insurance issue to me, not you and Ford.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Mike A. - I honestly don't know. I was on a somewhat busy road. Not stop and go by any means. I just remember the car in front of me aporaching faster than normal, I attempted to apply my brakes, and the colission happened.
Your above statement implies fuzzy situational awareness, and that's not a good thing.

I got my car going 40mph and then turned off the engine and I had power brakes for 5 seconds or so, and then the hydraulic assist stopped, and even then car still stopped in a satisfactory manner, albeit with a bit more effort.

My feeling is you should tell your dealer there was a misunderstanding, and sign a waiver, or whatever makes them happy, and then have them fix the engine. Let the car insurance companies deal with crash related stuff. A 10 mph speed differential should not have resulted in significant losses.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FordService - How would I know if the crash was caused or not caused by the malfunction of my vehicle? I am not a certified Ford technician nor am I claiming to be. I was asked a question by the service manager and I gave the honest answer of "I don'tknow. It might have, it might not have, I just don't know".

Maybe you can assist with my insurance company and the lack of response on behalf of Ford. My insurance agent as well as my adjuster have tried multiple times since yesterday to get a hold of the customer service manager assigned to my case. Also the same person who told me, and I quote "I'm advising you to seek outside counsel". As you know, all calls are monitored and recorded for quality and compliance purposes. Feedback needs to be given to ensure this situation never happens again to another one of your many customers.
Once the case has been escalated to OGC, it gets closed on our end (CRC), jb3. As I mentioned before, I can have your CSM explain the process to you, but he won’t be able to assist with your case directly.

Deysha

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
FordService - How would I know if the crash was caused or not caused by the malfunction of my vehicle? I am not a certified Ford technician nor am I claiming to be.

This is where you went wrong with this entire thing. You left the possibility open of claiming that a problem with your car caused you to rear end someone.

The reality is you either weren't paying attention, or didn't leave yourself enough room to stop.

You should take your car to an independent shop and let your insurance pay for it.

If you want the dealer to investigate it further maybe Ford legal will have a liability release you can sign saying that you aren't claiming that a problem with your car caused your accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored