Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This is from Lebanon Ford's website. Nothing here that we didn't already know but it is interesting that they compare the EB very favorably to the Roush phase 1.

"PERFECT DESIGN
The 2020 Edelbrock 2650 Supercharger is the perfect design for both a great street car and a competitive track car. The 2650 is the same size as the ROUSH Performance supercharger while it shares its inverted design with Whipple Superchargers. This means that it will yield as much power as the Roush while still retaining the ability to maintain cooler engine temperatures after repeated spirited or competitive driving sessions. The Edelbrock is also perfect for those who are concerned by warranty issues as well, because this kit includes a free warranty backed by Edelbrock themselves for 3/36."
Don’t get me wrong I like the EB

Their canned tune is fair, a decent amount of guys r having issues on here...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I must have missed it. All I see are pics comparing the Roush to the whipple and him saying he (18+) had to buy brackets that I can't find any information on. I have a '16 with the P1 though and plan on bigger HE and pump (South Louisiana heat, yay) before I go custom tuned.
Contact the guys by PM who did the larger HE

They can give u details on how to do the install

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I know the Roush phase 2 will not be a complete redesign but I REALLY hope they have found a way to better control temps.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I know the Roush phase 2 will not be a complete redesign but I REALLY hope they have found a way to better control temps.
Me too, I think it’s gonna be a more aggressive 93 tune and a whipple like HE, would be amazing if they added phenolic spacers to the base of the intake?

I dont think they will, I believe that would require the engine to be lowered...But imagine if they machined a bit off the lower intake to add phenolic spacers without dropping the engine?

Plus a intercooler blanket to sit in the lower valley between the intercooler and the engine?

Not even sure if this could be done but I would think it would help...

Toydoctor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Doesn’t the Edelbrock kit run less boost also? I’m consistently running 12 to 12.5 lbs of boost on the roush phase 1. That’s good for about 610 lbs ft of wheel torque on my car around 4000 revs. (with a chiller of course) I haven’t seen a dyno chart on the Edelbrock stage one kit with torque numbers like that.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Doesn’t the Edelbrock kit run less boost also? I’m consistently running 12 to 12.5 lbs of boost on the roush phase 1. That’s good for about 610 lbs ft of wheel torque on my car around 4000 revs. (with a chiller of course) I haven’t seen a dyno chart on the Edelbrock stage one kit with torque numbers like that.
Yes I believe the EB Stage 1 runs about 10lbs

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The only way I would go EB would be with a tuner kit...sort of a hybrid between stage 1 and stage 2....and a Lund tune. No warranty but probably a pretty good result.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This is from Lebanon Ford's website. Nothing here that we didn't already know but it is interesting that they compare the EB very favorably to the Roush phase 1.

"PERFECT DESIGN
The 2020 Edelbrock 2650 Supercharger is the perfect design for both a great street car and a competitive track car. The 2650 is the same size as the ROUSH Performance supercharger while it shares its inverted design with Whipple Superchargers. This means that it will yield as much power as the Roush while still retaining the ability to maintain cooler engine temperatures after repeated spirited or competitive driving sessions. The Edelbrock is also perfect for those who are concerned by warranty issues as well, because this kit includes a free warranty backed by Edelbrock themselves for 3/36."
Yes, that is correct.
The Edelbrock does run cooler. I've seen a video on it months ago.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The only way I would go EB would be with a tuner kit...sort of a hybrid between stage 1 and stage 2....and a Lund tune. No warranty but probably a pretty good result.
I would too, Maybe Beefcake would take a few bucks off in trade for the injectors that come with the Stage 2 kit, I’d pay extra for ID1050, plus I would order the larger pulley

Then just have Lund tune it, the only issue there, I’d be scared not having OPG/CS and that adds another $1900 to the mix if I have someone install everything

Of course if I didn’t have a warranty I might as well and take my time and do the install with my buddy Tommy so that would save me serious coin.

The big thing to me, Roush is married to Ford. I want a C8 in 4yrs and I won’t put tons of miles on my GT so even though I’ll lose moola doing the blower at least I’ll get a better trade-in having Roush/Ford product on the car

Maybe I should just go Flex, run 11.50 and save my coin

In 3 yrs get a C8
Cars are a sickness

Ahahahaha!!!!!!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I would too, Maybe Beefcake would take a few bucks off in trade for the injectors that come with the Stage 2 kit, I’d pay extra for ID1050, plus I would order the larger pulley

Then just have Lund tune it, the only issue there, I’d be scared not having OPG/CS and that adds another $1900 to the mix if I have someone install everything

Of course if I didn’t have a warranty I might as well and take my time and do the install with my buddy Tommy so that would save me serious coin.

The big thing to me, Roush is married to Ford. I want a C8 in 4yrs and I won’t put tons of miles on my GT so even though I’ll lose moola doing the blower at least I’ll get a better trade-in having Roush/Ford product on the car

Maybe I should just go Flex, run 11.50 and save my coin

In 3 yrs get a C8
Cars are a sickness

Ahahahaha!!!!!!
0. If your worried about trade in value just stay stock.
1. If not buy a kit, "ANY" kit that's on sale.
2. Forget the opg and sprocket since your not going crazy on hp or rpm.
3. Upgrade to a after market tune and supporting mods for power goals.
4. Enjoy the boosted life!
5. Want more hp, it's never enough!:cwl:

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
0. If your worried about trade in value just stay stock.
1. If not buy a kit, "ANY" kit that's on sale.
2. Forget the opg and sprocket since your not going crazy on hp or rpm.
3. Upgrade to a after market tune and supporting mods for power goals.
4. Enjoy the boosted life!
5. Want more hp, it's never enough!:cwl:

I hear ya pal, I’m not really worried about trade in, and I spoke to Lund they can cap rpm (7200) shift points so yes, with a tuner kit and the right injectors, bop on 10lbs I’d be safe and the car would run well and I wouldn’t really need OPG/CS

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya pal, I’m not really worried about trade in, and I spoke to Lund they can cap rpm (7200) shift points so yes, with a tuner kit and the right injectors, bop on 10lbs I’d be safe and the car would run well and I wouldn’t really need OPG/CS
Sounds like 10's and alot of fun to me! Now get off the pot and go make it happen, there's plenty of vendors on here waiting to take your money!

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds like 10's and alot of fun to me! Now get off the pot and go make it happen, there's plenty of vendors on here waiting to take your money!
I wanna see what roush does with the P2 first, then it’s go time

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It will not top EB+Lund, just saying! Have fun waiting!
I’m WELL aware what a 10lb EB will do with a Lund tune....

But I’m old and like the warranty with the roush so as much as I agree with u, going 10.80 with a warranty vs 10.50 with no warranty is ok with me :crackup: