Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In that case, a VMP 93 octane tune would do great. A VMP triple pass/dual fan exchanger and the new Cervinis GT500 style hood would help pretty dramatically as well.
At least, that's what I feel.
Real curious about the P2 cal, wonder it will be a bit hotter than the conservative cal in the P1

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Real curious about the P2 cal, wonder it will be a bit hotter than the conservative cal in the P1
That's a great question.
Is it more HP/TQ, so it's a "possibility".

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
How are you guys reading IAT2's?
With NGauge or similar tuning tool?
The vmp tune pulls a little bit of timing at 100.... but it pulls aggressively at 150..... it does not close the throttle though.... i have found that out through testing.... its 85 degrees when that pick was taken and that is at idle....

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The vmp tune pulls a little bit of timing at 100.... but it pulls aggressively at 150..... it does not close the throttle though.... i have found that out through testing.... its 85 degrees when that pick was taken and that is at idle....
I think all the Phase 1 needs is a 93 octane tune and it's really good to go.
Of course, the triple pass/dual fan exchanger wouldn't hurt as well.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
How are you guys reading IAT2's?
With NGauge or similar tuning tool?
20191026_214036.jpg

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think im gonna get the triple pass as soon as the wife forgives me for all ive spent recently
That's awesome bro.
Definitely report back to us. I'm sure it will help a bunch.

I want to dump some money into my car, but 1) I just got it and turned 400 miles today, and 2),.....gotta pay for the "responsible things" first. :crackup: :curse:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think im gonna get the triple pass as soon as the wife forgives me for all ive spent recently
should help for sure. Have you looked at vmp’s boostane tune?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
20191026_214036.jpg
I am surprised timing is pulled at 100 degrees. That is very low. I would expect iat2 temps over 100 about anytime the car is running.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
should help for sure. Have you looked at vmp’s boostane tune?
As of now the car is damn fast.... they also said i could add boostane if needed. I didnt tune for it specifically. I still have yet to run the car in street tires, then drag radials....

as for the pulling timing at 100, he stated it was just a little.

klean5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Instead of starting a new thread...

What's it take to replace the Roush HE with the Whipple OS HE? I've seen something about brackets but not 100% sure.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Instead of starting a new thread...

What's it take to replace the Roush HE with the Whipple OS HE? I've seen something about brackets but not 100% sure.
I think someone in this thread did just that!
Check back like 10 pages or so.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know why Roush designed their intercooler setup the way they did? The EB and Whipple designs seem much more cooling efficient. Roush must have had a reason. Any advantage to their design?

klean5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I think someone in this thread did just that!
Check back like 10 pages or so.
I must have missed it. All I see are pics comparing the Roush to the whipple and him saying he (18+) had to buy brackets that I can't find any information on. I have a '16 with the P1 though and plan on bigger HE and pump (South Louisiana heat, yay) before I go custom tuned.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
This is from Lebanon Ford's website. Nothing here that we didn't already know but it is interesting that they compare the EB very favorably to the Roush phase 1.

"PERFECT DESIGN
The 2020 Edelbrock 2650 Supercharger is the perfect design for both a great street car and a competitive track car. The 2650 is the same size as the ROUSH Performance supercharger while it shares its inverted design with Whipple Superchargers. This means that it will yield as much power as the Roush while still retaining the ability to maintain cooler engine temperatures after repeated spirited or competitive driving sessions. The Edelbrock is also perfect for those who are concerned by warranty issues as well, because this kit includes a free warranty backed by Edelbrock themselves for 3/36."