Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I think this is one of the very few advantages to living in flyover country (Kansas). Long, straight, level and wide roads (for farm equipment) and not many traffic cameras / cops / traffic.:sunglasses:
Man that sounds nice. Fun driving a fast car fast.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Only five over :) LOL. These cars just flat peg the fun meter driving.
Course I was joking. I have a radar detector and go to Mexico almost every time I drive it. I love it. I asked my girl if she thought the new cal was slower. Her response “when you took off I couldn’t remove my head from the head rest”. “it was glued there.” So I might have been wrong about this cal. We will see.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Moral of the story...F the warranty tune. For best long term durability/reliability and performance add custom tune, dump the cats, and add fuel system to make the switch to E85 if it is available. ;).

Your all 9k balz deep into this already...
I am guessing you have a e85 tune if so how much better does it run
I have always wanted to try it but big down fall living in small town it is 20 min to closest station with e85

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I loved running E85 when I had a flex tune. However, a full E85 tune would not work for me. In winter, our E85 is around 50% E. Also, E85 is not available everywhere I go.

If someone had a flex fuel tune for the the Roush, I would be very interested.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I loved running E85 when I had a flex tune. However, a full E85 tune would not work for me. In winter, our E85 is around 50% E. Also, E85 is not available everywhere I go.

If someone had a flex fuel tune for the the Roush, I would be very interested.
A flex tune option for boosted applications in general would be awesome, but due to liability I doubt any major will ever offer one.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
A flex tune option for boosted applications in general would be awesome, but due to liability I doubt any major will ever offer one.
I don't understand why tuners won't do a E30, E40, E50, etc tune. Like I've come to realize, E85 can vary in ethanol content and doing a Exx tune is more consistent in terms of ethanol content. I was lucky with my last ethanol experience in a turbo application. At E40, all I had to do was measure the content of the batch going into the tank and I had an ethanol senor/gauge to verify what the engine was actually being fed. Plus where I got my E85 from, the ethanol content was always consistent.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand why tuners won't do a E30, E40, E50, etc tune. Like I've come to realize, E85 can vary in ethanol content and doing a Exx tune is more consistent in terms of ethanol content. I was lucky with my last ethanol experience in a turbo application. At E40, all I had to do was measure the content of the batch going into the tank and I had an ethanol senor/gauge to verify what the engine was actually being fed. Plus where I got my E85 from, the ethanol content was always consistent.
They will NA, at least Lund did an e54r for one of the guys local here since Phoenix primarily has flex fuel vs real e. But fuel quality is so much more critical with boost.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm pretty sure LUND RACING has a flex tune available, but highly doubt for the 2018+ Roush equipped cars.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty sure LUND RACING has a flex tune available, but highly doubt for the 2018+ Roush equipped cars.
Not for boosted applications. NA only.