Sponsored

Question for '18 GT owners with A10

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
The ZL1 Camaro seems to do just fine. :)
I am sure it is a great car with a base price of$61,000 making 650HP.::)
I am hopeful the 10 speed in the 2018 Mustang will work out just fine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine just under a month now @ 800+ miles. starting to :love: the 10R80. normal mode skips 2nd, 4th, 6th and so on for gas economy and smooth drive. in sport mode it turns into a beast :lol: and seems to have a mind of it's own, downshifts when you blip the throttle or get on the brakes and it even rev matches :shocked: freakin nuts! :crazy: track mode to dragstrip mode, forget about getting traction til 5th lol.

one con, not sure if it's just my car but it sometimes gets confuse when i hit 1st gear briskly then let go quickly, it'll rev match as it upshifts to 2nd then lunges the car forward without my foot on the gas :eyebulge: absolutely nuts and can get scary if you happen to be tail gaiting too close :rant:

other than that, this car is addicting to drive :hail:

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I've had mine just under a month now @ 800+ miles. starting to :love: the 10R80. normal mode skips 2nd, 4th, 6th and so on for gas economy and smooth drive. in sport mode it turns into a beast :lol: and seems to have a mind of it's own, downshifts when you blip the throttle or get on the brakes and it even rev matches :shocked: freakin nuts! :crazy: track mode to dragstrip mode, forget about getting traction til 5th lol.

one con, not sure if it's just my car but it sometimes gets confuse when i hit 1st gear briskly then let go quickly, it'll rev match as it upshifts to 2nd then lunges the car forward without my foot on the gas :eyebulge: absolutely nuts and can get scary if you happen to be tail gaiting too close :rant:

other than that, this car is addicting to drive :hail:
yup, it's a totally different car in S mode even if it's just the shifter in S position

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Magneride
Bald Menace is that Mustang pic in your signature block lightning blue? Looks pretty light! Amazing the differences based on lighting.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Bald Menace is that Mustang pic in your signature block lightning blue? Looks pretty light! Amazing the differences based on lighting.
yes it is Lightning Blue. i'm looking out the window at it now and it appears much darker... it's cloudy..

Sponsored

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dang. You boys make me wonder wtf I've been missing with the auto 18's. I've been in three so far. Perhaps I need to find a car that has a fully broken-in transmission.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
My 2018 Lightning Blue hasn't seen a sunny day yet, hence the question...
mine has seen more than it's fair share of rainy days.. all while sitting in the driveway. 3 months old and still only 500 miles on it so far

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Made 4 runs last night at Royal Purple.

Need to get the 60’ time down. I tried launching at 2,500 rpm to 4,000. Best 60’ was at 2,500 rpm.

Traction was not the issue. Stop the hop kit works. Zero hop and zero spin. Tires were hooking all 4 runs.

I read an article after I got home that the best results this particular magazine had with the A10 was launching at 2,000 rpm. I’ll try that next time.

2FE719E2-6F81-4061-AEB7-36BDC4A0CAB3.jpeg

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Made 4 runs last night at Royal Purple.

Need to get the 60’ time down. I tried launching at 2,500 rpm to 4,000. Best 60’ was at 2,500 rpm.

Traction was not the issue. Stop the hop kit works. Zero hop and zero spin. Tires were hooking all 4 runs.

I read an article after I got home that the best results this particular magazine had with the A10 was launching at 2,000 rpm. I’ll try that next time.

Nice...what rear gears in your car?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Thanks. 3.15.
Sponsored