Sponsored

Question about wheels and a whining noise

mb777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
How do you care for your wheels? Washed the new 350 car only had about 500 miles on it. Used plenty of water and car soap with a clean microfiber and now have small scratches on wheels, assuming from the brake dust. Going to have to clean them up and protect them I guess but am curious if this is similar to what others have experienced?

2nd item, I’ve noticed a whine after driving for a bit, seems to be coming from the driver side, increases as it revs. Haven’t had a chance to look into where the various pumps are on the car, but has anyone else experienced this and know what it may be
Sponsored

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
If you plan on show car status with gt350 wheels, you’ll have to swap out oem pads w something thats more geared towards daily street w less dust.
Otherwise just be like me, and stop caring about wheel cleaning. High perf pads make crazy dust.. just the way it is. Oem pads won’t fade on you after full day of track.
Not sure about the whine.. i dont have one..

OP
OP

mb777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It’s not the transmission or I’d be very surprised if it was. It’s not there all the time, seems to come on after getting warmed up. It’s a high pitch noise not overbearing but just seems odd.
Sponsored