Sponsored

Quarter mile times on 10 Speed Roush Phase 1?

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Street tires. Michelin Pilots.
A10 Performance Package. 300a package (No drag mode)
Think the DA was around 2000 and the temp was 50-55ish.
Crappy Da & street tires = bad ET

Throw drag radials on the car and run it at sea level = 10’s at 128
Sponsored

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Here's a quick video of the ROUSH test car running the 10.86 pass at Milan Dragway. This car is full weight with our phase 1 calibration. Only change is a slick on the rear mounted on an 18" wheel.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
11.4 at 122 on the Roush tune was best I could get....and that was in decent air for Houston. You will learn that the Roush tune pretty much sucks. NA cars are getting into the 10's pretty regularly now, which makes these numbers almost embarrassing for Roush. The PBD tune and E-85 with Fore 1L fuel system started to wake things up. 10.3 @ 141 is my best on this setup, but I think I can get a hair better working on my launch. But she's getting a 100 shot next week, so hopefully solid 9's are coming soon. After that, I think I'll be tapped out of significant options to upgrade power. Its a decent system, but it has a low ceiling, and heat is a pretty significant problem in the summertime.
That's really low, compared to 116 to 119 stock trap speeds? Does yours have drag mode?

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
American Muscle has a pretty good sale on the Roush Phase 1 kits for 2018+ right now. Price is really good, tempting to pull the trigger on a warranty backed SC. I just don't want to do it if trap speeds are gonna be 122-124 (or lower) like those reported here.

I've read there is yet another new update for this kit. Any feedback from owners? This was advertised as Hellcat killers, that ain't happening with these pathetic times and trap speeds. My bone stock Charger Hellcat did 11.2 @ 127 and 11.0 @ 130 with a basic tune and 2.0 sixty foot on worn tires. In 90 degree heat on a Florida Sunday afternoon.

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
American Muscle has a pretty good sale on the Roush Phase 1 kits for 2018+ right now. Price is really good, tempting to pull the trigger on a warranty backed SC. I just don't want to do it if trap speeds are gonna be 122-124 (or lower) like those reported here.

I've read there is yet another new update for this kit. Any feedback from owners? This was advertised as Hellcat killers, that ain't happening with these pathetic times and trap speeds. My bone stock Charger Hellcat did 11.2 @ 127 and 11.0 @ 130 with a basic tune and 2.0 sixty foot on worn tires.
Hey Sammy,
We were able to hit nearly 130MPH in the quarter mile on several passes. Our cal has been updated since and will most likely be more consistent or even faster with an experienced driver.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Hey Sammy,
We were able to hit nearly 130MPH in the quarter mile on several passes. Our cal has been updated since and will most likely be more consistent or even faster with an experienced driver.
Nice, I was really hoping it would hit 130+ though. That's what I thought it would hit when I bought my Mustang, considering the A10 is essentially a 118 to 119 car to begin with and were hitting low 120's with just bolt ons. Have you tested the phase 1 on a Performance Pack 1 car with 3.55 gears? That's what I have, and it looks like the vehicle in the video is a base a10 with 3.15 gears. Not sure how much a difference 3.55s will make.

Ryan@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROUSH
Vehicle(s)
2018 ROUSH Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I was really hoping it would hit 130+ though. That's what I thought it would hit when I bought my Mustang, considering the A10 is essentially a 118 to 119 car to begin with and were hitting low 120's with just bolt ons. Have you tested the phase 1 on a Performance Pack 1 car with 3.55 gears? That's what I have, and it looks like the vehicle in the video is a base a10 with 3.15 gears. Not sure how much a difference 3.55s will make.
I don't believe we've tested a car with 3.55's. You'll have to let us know your results!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
with roush tune looking mid low 11s
Which puts you right in line with hellcats and zl1's. Good way to run with the top dog pony cars. And still maintain a warranty.

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
I think 3.55 might actually slow it down a small amount
Why would that be? Assuming traction is not a problem.

Which puts you right in line with hellcats and zl1's. Good way to run with the top dog pony cars. And still maintain a warranty.
Not according to the times run here. In fact the only good time ran was from a Roush test car, I tend to take manufacturer claims with a grain of salt especially if it can't be reproduced elsewhere. I've seen several videos here already of E85 cars outrunning a Roush car or the Roush being barely faster. In contrast stock Hellcats with just NT555R drag radials routinely run high 10's in Orlando Speed World in 90 degree weather. And it doesn't heat soak, at least not nearly as easily.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why would that be? Assuming traction is not a problem.

Not according to the times run here. In fact the only good time ran was from a Roush test car, I tend to take manufacturer claims with a grain of salt especially if it can't be reproduced elsewhere. I've seen several videos here already of E85 cars outrunning a Roush car or the Roush being barely faster. In contrast stock Hellcats with just NT555R drag radials routinely run high 10's in Orlando Speed World in 90 degree weather. And it doesn't heat soak, at least not nearly as easily.
I can’t speak for the few times posted on this forum. But We have a stick car. Running the stage 1 set up. Running bigs and littles. Hitting 11.1s@123-124 at atco last week. So I’m certain it’ll run with the cars mentioned. With a good driver.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I can’t speak for the few times posted on this forum. But We have a stick car. Running the stage 1 set up. Running bigs and littles. Hitting 11.1s@123-124 at atco last week. So I’m certain it’ll run with the cars mentioned. With a good driver.
Exactly, so on cool night at Atco an A10 will run 10’s on 93 with a Roush kit at factory weight

I don’t know why people just can’t believe it, now I also a believe a 93 Bolton car will not run 10’s at factory weight

OP
OP
Sammy123

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
I don't like to rely on best times only run when it's cold and at night. There's very few cold nights in Florida and the only time I can get to the drag strip is a Sunday afternoon where it routinely hits 90 degrees and higher, even during the winter months. I'd be curious about Roush times even with just fair weather in the 80's. My Hellcat was trapping right at 130 with a tune and 135 with a lower pulley upgrade on those Sunday afternoons.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't like to rely on best times only run when it's cold and at night. There's very few cold nights in Florida and the only time I can get to the drag strip is a Sunday afternoon where it routinely hits 90 degrees and higher, even during the winter months. I'd be curious about Roush times even with just fair weather in the 80's. My Hellcat was trapping right at 130 with a tune and 135 with a lower pulley upgrade on those Sunday afternoons.
I agree in the heat times will be slower, however running NA with 93 will slow it down greatly too. I don't feel its fair to run a S1 Roush tuned for 91 vs a NA on E85. I guess we are in a good times with muscle, pony cars, to be able to run tens NA with nothing more than bolt ons, a tire and E85 is amazing.

Still a Roush S1 makes for a nice, safe fast street/strip car with a warranty

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
All PD blowers are prone to heat soak. On the VMP & Roush TVS Blowers you can combat those higher IAT2 temps with a VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger and a 170 degree thermostat. I’m getting it installed next month on my 17 Roush setup.
Sponsored