QUAD TIP EXHAUST HELP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello guys, currently gearing up to purchase an exhaust for my 2016 GT and looking for a quad tip cat back. Is there a setup that doesn't have the extreme raspiness of the Ford Racing by Borla quad touring and Sport setup or the drone of the Magnaflow Comp?

Is there anyway to get the Ford Racing by Borla Touring quad tip to sound deep without the rasp and volume? This will be going on my daily driver. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
The drone isn't bad on the Magnaflow Comps. I am about to install some long tubes with resonated cats though so we will see how that turns out. I may add the Magnaflow resonated X also.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys, currently gearing up to purchase an exhaust for my 2016 GT and looking for a quad tip cat back. Is there a setup that doesn't have the extreme raspiness of the Ford Racing by Borla quad touring and Sport setup or the drone of the Magnaflow Comp?

Is there anyway to get the Ford Racing by Borla Touring quad tip to sound deep without the rasp and volume? This will be going on my daily driver. Thanks for any input.
Corsa Sport Catback w/ Quad tips. It maintains its tone through the rev range and doesn't get raspy. Corsa's offerings have zero drone.
"The tone of the Corsa sports is that much better. They hold their tone through the RPMs while the FRPPs lost that and got tinny in the higher revs."

[ame]

Last edited:

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The drone isn't bad on the Magnaflow Comps. I am about to install some long tubes with resonated cats though so we will see how that turns out. I may add the Magnaflow resonated X also.
It's going to be a ton louder trust me.

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Corsa Sport Catback w/ Quad tips. It maintains its tone through the rev range and doesn't get raspy. Corsa's offerings have zero drone.
"The tone of the Corsa sports is that much better. They hold their tone through the RPMs while the FRPPs lost that and got tinny in the higher revs."

Still just sounds crazy loud to me, could just be the videos. It seems the quads just scream. Looking for something louder and deeper than stock, yet not attention grabbing on a daily driver if that's possible. Appreciate the response!

Sponsored

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
If you just want to gain some tone install an h pipe. Getting rid of the resonator will make a big change.

Ive got the corsa sport. Cold start is pretty loud but gets quiet but gets pretty quick. Driving around town it isn't loud or attention grabbing but put your foot in it and it wakes up.

OP
OP

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you just want to gain some tone install an h pipe. Getting rid of the resonator will make a big change.

Ive got the corsa sport. Cold start is pretty loud but gets quiet but gets pretty quick. Driving around town it isn't loud or attention grabbing but put your foot in it and it wakes up.
Thanks for the response. Not just the tone, I really enjoy the look of the quad setup but can't seem to find one that doesn't scream all the time. Also can't find anybody who has installed the Touring version of the GT350 valence and Ford racing Borla setup which may be what I end up going for.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Still just sounds crazy loud to me, could just be the videos. It seems the quads just scream. Looking for something louder and deeper than stock, yet not attention grabbing on a daily driver if that's possible. Appreciate the response!
The Sport systems really are not that loud, and are actually on the quiet side of the mid-volume level catbacks. Of course, that's entirely subjective. I find mine completely acceptable for a DD and it is never loud enough to annoy anyone. This is coming from someone who's never previously had a car with an aftermarket exhaust and is pretty picky/loud intolerant. You will hear it all the time, and so will others around you, but never in a way where anyone thinks you're that guy with the obnoxious Mustang. The Xtreme system will make you that guy, even though having driven it/heard it outside, I'll concede it sounds absolutely amazing.

If you're not 100% set on a catback, and would consider an axleback, Corsa does have their Touring axleback with quad tips. It's the same mufflers as the Sport catback, but keeps the factory resonator. It's only a few dB louder than stock, and will be tame when you're not getting on it hard, but noticeably louder than stock when you are. Best part is, should it not be enough for you, you can always upgrade to the Sport catback easily with the addition of their double X pipe.

[ame]

[ame]

Last edited:

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Related question - I have a magnaflow generic X-pipe welded in where the resonator was. Any benefit to me going full catback over just the axelbacks on either of these?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Related question - I have a magnaflow generic X-pipe welded in where the resonator was. Any benefit to me going full catback over just the axelbacks on either of these?
Not unless you're going FI and would stand to gain from a 3" catback.

Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Not unless you're going FI and would stand to gain from a 3" catback.
No, not planning on FI. Going the NA route - GT350 IM, tune, etc.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, not planning on FI. Going the NA route - GT350 IM, tune, etc.
In that case I wouldn't spend the extra money on the full CB if you already have an X pipe. 2.5" is fine for an NA build.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Or leave stock resonator and do a muffler delete with new quad tips. If you buy the tips an exhaust shop can do the muffler deletes for around $100. IMHO muffler delete has a much smoother less tinny and less raspy tone vs a resonator delete.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Like the exhaust on the '13/14 GT500 ?

Wonder how you get close to that

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase