jlgreco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hey guys,

I bought a 2018 ecoboost about a month ago (my first mustang) and I've been doing quite a bit of research on mods. I've been looking for a good cat-back and I've found a couple, but I would really like to do a quad-tip conversion. That being said, I would like to do something that's basically bolt-on, as I would prefer not to have to do any cutting or welding. I know that the rear valance would need to be changed, and I know that you would have to match the diameter of the new exhaust to the ecoboost, and I am fine with that, but I read on another forum that the rear valance on a 2018 GT fits perfectly on a 2018 eco. I wanted to see whether or not anyone here could confirm that or not. I'd really appreciate some clarification or any suggestions that could help me out.

Thanks.
Sponsored

LR55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lauren
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Eco

Sponsored

LR55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lauren
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Eco
I would like to do this as well. How is it going for you?
I had some help from another member on here who did it before i did.
The rear diffuser takes about an hour to swap, fairly easy . had an exhaust shop cut the old muffler off, the GT muffler pipe slips right over the eco pipe , weld it and done . Just slightly louder than stock
20210911_183540_resized(1).jpg
20210719_132543.jpg

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
Definitely possible to go that route. Not sure about the piping size of the GT exhaust (I’d assume it’s 2.25 like the eco) but any welder worth their salt should be able to get it done and the valence should pair fine with your bumper.

I had a 3” MBRP street cat back on mine before I decided I wanted quads. Kept the Y pipe in place, swapped the valence and bought a Corsa Sport system for a GT and my guy welded it right up. Love this tone.

BF5CA4D9-095C-46AA-B665-1FB1DEC63412.jpeg
Sponsored