Push starting the car...

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Is push starting the S550 even possible anymore? For example your battery is low, and in the S197 (or any turn key ignition) you just put the key in the on position, push the car to a decent speed and dump the clutch in gear and then it can start. Is this still possible or no?
Sponsored

OP
OP
emh87

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
I wonder how long that would hold a charge? Also it does say it's technically for up to a 3L gasoline engine, but I'm sure it could start a 5L, maybe not 15 times like it says. Not a bad price either. :thumbsup:

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
I wonder how long that would hold a charge? Also it does say it's technically for up to a 3L gasoline engine, but I'm sure it could start a 5L, maybe not 15 times like it says. Not a bad price either. :thumbsup:
For Optimal Use:
• Charge battery at least once every 3 months to avoid shortening its lifespan.

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
Is push starting the S550 even possible anymore? For example your battery is low, and in the S197 (or any turn key ignition) you just put the key in the on position, push the car to a decent speed and dump the clutch in gear and then it can start. Is this still possible or no?
Yes. Sit in car, push on/off button to turn ignition on with clutch out. Clutch in, put in gear, roll, and dump the clutch. It's the same as any other car just to turn acc/ing on just push the button with the clutch out.

My E92 M3 has a similar ignition set up and had to bump start it when my starter died.
Sponsored