Sponsored

procharger HO input

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
besides the intercooler and seperate belt are there any differences with the ho kit vs the stage 2? the car is not daily driven. fun nice weather car.few track visits a year. i want to keep it very driveable and would like 650whp. im thinking the ho kit will be fine. any other input?
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Correct, HO kit VS Stage 2 kit is the larger intercooler and dedicated drive belt assembly.

I bought the HO kit and did the $295 upgrade to the Stage 2 intercooler, since having more cooling is never a bad thing and for the small price it is worth the upgrade.

Beefcake had killer pricing, which is who I purchased my package deal through (Yes im now running a Paxton, had a momentary change of course with my car and went NA for a while, zero issues with the Procharger kit, ran like a champ!)

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, HO kit VS Stage 2 kit is the larger intercooler and dedicated drive belt assembly.

I bought the HO kit and did the $295 upgrade to the Stage 2 intercooler, since having more cooling is never a bad thing and for the small price it is worth the upgrade.

Beefcake had killer pricing, which is who I purchased my package deal through (Yes im now running a Paxton, had a momentary change of course with my car and went NA for a while, zero issues with the Procharger kit, ran like a champ!)
So which one do you like better?

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
So which one do you like better?
Not much between the two. The Procharger intercooler was a higher quality piece, but that's about it.

With regards to install, the Procharger was easier but still had its little issues with the blower outlet pipe kinking and the belt touching the timing cover (both common issues), so it's not like either kit is 100% hassle free. Little bit of finessing required to make them fit as perfect as possible.

If I had to do it all over again I'd still have a tough time deciding. With that said, I am VERY happy with the Paxton on the 3.6" pulley with the BV57 BOV. Very strong set up on the street. Pulls harder than my Procharger HO kit did, but I'm running more boost so that's not a fair comparison. The same guy tuned both my set ups (Rob Shoemaker) and both set ups ran spot on.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
it seems guys like the helical gears to. also what bypass valve options are there for the procharger kit. i want the boeing 747 big red lol

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
it seems guys like the helical gears to. also what bypass valve options are there for the procharger kit. i want the boeing 747 big red lol
Big red valve can be added onto the Procharger packages. Not heard it in person so I can't comment on the volume.

The Beefcake Special Stage 2 Paxton kit comes with the monster BV57. Not too loud whilst at constant cruising, but I can still hear it over my Corsa Xtreme catback. Once you get on the boost and let off you get a real nice loud 'ppppssshhhhhhhh'. Sounds really sweet. Here's a good video clip:

[ame]
Sponsored