Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and I am also a first time mustang buyer(muscle car to be exact). I owned a Honda civic for ten years and never made any modifications.

Now that I am waiting for my mustang to arrive. I decided I wanted to change the exhaust. I was considering Ford racing by borla catback however, I live in California and it is not legal. So now I am considering magnaflow. I like the deep tone but don't know if it will be loud enough. Has anyone replaced their stock exhaust with magnaflow and if so, how does it sound? For a first time buyer I would appreciate input on other exhaust systems. I would prefer a loud deep tone.

Finally I also want to put in a cold air intake. Leaning towards steeda but wondering if JLT is also good. After I replace it I know it will need a tune. If I buy the Bama tuner would that be good enough? And if not, does anyone know of any good custom tuning shops in Southern California. I live near LAX aiport.

I will appreciate the help. Thanks.
Congrats on joining the Mustang community! If you have any questions at all regarding our cold air intake, please let me know. I actually took a ride in one of our S550's equipped with our cold air intake and all I can say is wow! The sound of the intake is on point as well.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
In Maryland:
(a) Modification that increases sound prohibited.- A person may not modify the exhaust system or any other noise abatement device of a motor vehicle driven or to be driven on any highway in this State in such a way that the noise emitted by the vehicle exceeds that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.

I'll take my chances.
We have almost the same in Illinois yet millions of Harleys run on straight pipes throughout the state. Let me try running a straight pipe on my car and the cops are like Judge Dredd. Hypocrisy really pisses me off.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
I also had a honda civic thankfully for only 36 months and it was a lease.

I lived in So Cal for 2 years and I would consider CALI approved exhaust of your choice cus passing smog with non CA exhaust can be a pain.

As far as mods Bama tune will improve driving performance and shrink MPG but who cares it will be more fun to drive

I would say Tint is a must I went to Fresh Window tint in Manhattan Beach

Sponsored

OP
OP

DEXTERDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Thanks tweezy7, tinted windows is always a must will definitely look into fresh window tint.
Sponsored