Sponsored

Process for BB / Repairs

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I'll be honest, I'm nearly 40 and never had to ever take a car in for warranty work or any work outside oil changes. Dealer had my car 2 full days, I was told yesterday they would look at it, went down there and they didn't, asked for an update today, no call, drove down their myself, peeked at the car and asked whats going on and mentioned if I should call Fords CS to get a case opened.. Any case, this was this afternoon, asked for a call later today to know status, still no call.

1. Should I open a case with Ford in the event this goes over 30 days at dealer? (my state is 30 or its a lemon, no discussions about that).

If it goes over 30 without opening a case with ford, is the BB process just the same? Approval times etc?

2. Do you think I'm pushing them to much for updates? I kindly explained Im not paying 40k for this car which is brand new, less than 3 months old to be driving a loaner, I think they get my point, but I do not like how they are seemingly taking in new cars day after day into the shop while mine sits parked?

I'm getting to the point where I may tell them, cancel my extended warranty I got with them and prorate (which should nearly be full amount of plan) and tell them flat out if this is how they treat warranty work, I'm better of without it, and I'll just use the factory plan,take my car back and hit another dealer that will keep customers in the loop a bit better.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Same crap as most, ticking/tappiing that follows RPM's never goes away, had bad knock in sport mode at wide open throttle - with stock tune mind you. Silver metal and what looks to be bronze/copper colored flakes in catch can, pretty damn sure they'll see that in filter and maybe more?

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
If the tech. knows the "tick" it is probably a new short block. In their mind why rush it.

I get *two* days seems frustrating but if it is a busy shop isn't unreasonable. If I didn't hear back by the end of Monday I'd push the issue a bit.

I wouldn't be happy in a rental either but two days for what seems like a complex motor issue doesn't seem unreasonable.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
So dealer called, they claim ford has asked them to compare it to another vehicle to see if it sounds similar and than to disconnect things to see if noise goes away, etc etc..

Sounds to me rather Ford doesn't trust their techs to be able to tell what noises are normal and what isn't.

If ford dicks me around, that extend plan is getting cancelled.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’ve said this is nearly every warranty repair thread.... and because I’ve been through the process with my prior 2016, so what I post are facts, not assumptions or “guesses”.

DO call the Ford 800# and get a Case opened. Why? Because of these facts:

1) Your vehicle becomes a priority where the assigned Regional CSR to your case must contact the Dealership to get a status of the vehicle. The Service Center MUST report all progress to that CSR with updates and progress of the repair. IF the Service Center needs to make calls to the Ford Hot Line for advisable tech on how to proceed with the warranty efforts, that must be reported back to the CSR as well. The CSR’s function is to make sure they are listening to the Customer a well as getting that vehicle repaired correctly and to your satisfaction ASAP.

2) Documentation. Without a Ford CSR involved, it’s basically your word against the Service Center. You as a Customer don’t have the same pull as the CSR does when pushing the Service Center to make a valid effort in repairing the vehicle in a timely manner. The more documentation you have, the better especially in the event you need to initiate a Lemon claim. Keep all emails or any correspondence between you and Dealer and you and CSR. Ask to email rather than just talk over phone... if you can keep an email trail, all the better.

3) The CSR also has authority to send a local FSE to the Dealership to check out the vehicle in the event further diagnosis is necessary. The FSE outranks the Service Advisor, the Service Tech and the Shop Foreman. The FSE also can bring and use specialized equipment that the Dealership may not own.

——

As far as getting the BBB involved - you could, some have, but I’d get a Case number and CSR involved first.

I will add this:
The Customer must allow Ford to attempt warranty repairs without prejudice. Meaning, the process even with a CSR involved can be lengthy, depending on the type of warranty work. Ford protocol is that they must be able to attempt the warranty repair to satisfy the customer’s complaint. If you get the car back and the repair is not satisfactory, you can tell them so and they have to make another attempt at repairs.

Be firm but polite with the CSR and Service Center... you’ll go much further in trying to get resolution than another person who’s a screamer and thinks resolution works by cussing out everyone... lol

Since your vehicle, is new, you DO have leverage with the CSR. Say this to them, either verbatim or using your own thoughts:
I’ve paid X-amount for this new Ford and have only owned it X-amount of weeks and I’m totally disgusted by the product and the way the Service Center treated me. I want to know to know what Ford is going to do to make me whole.

If you’re nice enough and get your point across that you’re HIGHLY dissatisfied, the CSR might give you the following offers:
1) Vehicle maintenance plan up to 45k miles (it’s pretty extensive and covers quite a bit)
2) Extended Warranty Plan (miles vary). Now since you have an extended warranty you paid for, you might be able to get them to refund the $ paid and keep the extended warranty on the vehicle.

Every State Lemon Law is different, therefore make sure you are well versed in what your home State Lemon Law provides to the consumer and make sure you know all penalties, possible fees and deadlines to report a claim (mileage or years).

In some States, yes, they have the 30-consecutive day rule where if the car is at the shop for 30-consecutive days (key word consecutirve), it automatically qualifies for a Lemon claim. Also some have a 3x strike rule such as if the car has been at the shop to have a repair done on the same exact complaint 3x and the car is still not repaired after the 3rd attempt it qualifies for a Lemon claim. Again you must know your State’s Lemon Laws.

——

Just an FYI and heads up:
You mention above you have a catch can... that could work against you. Some Service Centers don’t care, but if Ford requires pics of anything in the engine bay and that catch can is there, Ford could give you a hard time. Sure you and I know a catch can won’t cause the problems you’re bringing it in for, but Ford will see it as a modification outside of how it left the factory.

OP
OP
stangman638

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I’ve said this is nearly every warranty repair thread.... and because I’ve been through the process with my prior 2016, so what I post are facts, not assumptions or “guesses”.

DO call the Ford 800# and get a Case opened. Why? Because of these facts:

1) Your vehicle becomes a priority where the assigned Regional CSR to your case must contact the Dealership to get a status of the vehicle. The Service Center MUST report all progress to that CSR with updates and progress of the repair. IF the Service Center needs to make calls to the Ford Hot Line for advisable tech on how to proceed with the warranty efforts, that must be reported back to the CSR as well. The CSR’s function is to make sure they are listening to the Customer a well as getting that vehicle repaired correctly and to your satisfaction ASAP.

2) Documentation. Without a Ford CSR involved, it’s basically your word against the Service Center. You as a Customer don’t have the same pull as the CSR does when pushing the Service Center to make a valid effort in repairing the vehicle in a timely manner. The more documentation you have, the better especially in the event you need to initiate a Lemon claim. Keep all emails or any correspondence between you and Dealer and you and CSR. Ask to email rather than just talk over phone... if you can keep an email trail, all the better.

3) The CSR also has authority to send a local FSE to the Dealership to check out the vehicle in the event further diagnosis is necessary. The FSE outranks the Service Advisor, the Service Tech and the Shop Foreman. The FSE also can bring and use specialized equipment that the Dealership may not own.

——

As far as getting the BBB involved - you could, some have, but I’d get a Case number and CSR involved first.

I will add this:
The Customer must allow Ford to attempt warranty repairs without prejudice. Meaning, the process even with a CSR involved can be lengthy, depending on the type of warranty work. Ford protocol is that they must be able to attempt the warranty repair to satisfy the customer’s complaint. If you get the car back and the repair is not satisfactory, you can tell them so and they have to make another attempt at repairs.

Be firm but polite with the CSR and Service Center... you’ll go much further in trying to get resolution than another person who’s a screamer and thinks resolution works by cussing out everyone... lol

Since your vehicle, is new, you DO have leverage with the CSR. Say this to them, either verbatim or using your own thoughts:
I’ve paid X-amount for this new Ford and have only owned it X-amount of weeks and I’m totally disgusted by the product and the way the Service Center treated me. I want to know to know what Ford is going to do to make me whole.

If you’re nice enough and get your point across that you’re HIGHLY dissatisfied, the CSR might give you the following offers:
1) Vehicle maintenance plan up to 45k miles (it’s pretty extensive and covers quite a bit)
2) Extended Warranty Plan (miles vary). Now since you have an extended warranty you paid for, you might be able to get them to refund the $ paid and keep the extended warranty on the vehicle.

Every State Lemon Law is different, therefore make sure you are well versed in what your home State Lemon Law provides to the consumer and make sure you know all penalties, possible fees and deadlines to report a claim (mileage or years).

In some States, yes, they have the 30-consecutive day rule where if the car is at the shop for 30-consecutive days (key word consecutirve), it automatically qualifies for a Lemon claim. Also some have a 3x strike rule such as if the car has been at the shop to have a repair done on the same exact complaint 3x and the car is still not repaired after the 3rd attempt it qualifies for a Lemon claim. Again you must know your State’s Lemon Laws.

——

Just an FYI and heads up:
You mention above you have a catch can... that could work against you. Some Service Centers don’t care, but if Ford requires pics of anything in the engine bay and that catch can is there, Ford could give you a hard time. Sure you and I know a catch can won’t cause the problems you’re bringing it in for, but Ford will see it as a modification outside of how it left the factory.
Thanks, I almost don't find it believable that ford hotline would ask dealer to use a brand new car to see if noises are similar, from all the reading I have done, when customers asked them to compare vehicles, they were shot down. So I'm really not sure if that is what the dealer wants to do or Ford.

I am also not sure how I was told an oil filter was going to be cut open from the service advisor, to he was going to run diagnostic tests (which when asked about the results wasn't given any real answers) to we need to pull a new gt from our other dealership to see if they sound the same and than go from there.

My state for LL is 30 days total, could be 15 now and 20 later. or any 30 days strung together within the LL time period.

The catch can currently is not on the car, I only have after market axleback exhaust.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Cobra jet is right up to a point . A csr can not get a fse to the dealer , that would either be done by rav or tac. Tac would stand for technical assistance center (Ford technical hot line)and rav reaquired vehicle (Ford buy back )
Sponsored