Problem with mgw shifter

Lgarretto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp
Maybe this is a bit of a silly question. I'm not sure.
I have a 2016 gtpp and I have an mgw shifter installed. M6 tranny of course. The passenger side control arm for the mgw shifter is pressed against the side of the trans tunnel. It isn't super tight but it is touching. I personally wouldn't care too much except I believe it is causing false knock problems as I am now trying to tune for e85 and am getting knock. Is there a way to move the trans over a bit maybe? Or something else I could do to solve the issue?
Thanks
Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Maybe this is a bit of a silly question. I'm not sure.
I have a 2016 gtpp and I have an mgw shifter installed. M6 tranny of course. The passenger side control arm for the mgw shifter is pressed against the side of the trans tunnel. It isn't super tight but it is touching. I personally wouldn't care too much except I believe it is causing false knock problems as I am now trying to tune for e85 and am getting knock. Is there a way to move the trans over a bit maybe? Or something else I could do to solve the issue?
Thanks
Post a pic if you can, it shouldn't be that close, maybe the arm isn't in all the way on the trans and that's why it's hitting.

OP
OP

Lgarretto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp
I think the shifter is on the trans correctly. Of it was off kilter I don't think the mgw struts would go on. I don't have access to a Pic at the moment. The entire trans is closer to the passenger side than the drivers. At least I did notice that the shifter was about a half inch off center in the floor pan hole. And there is more room in the drivers side of the trans than the passenger.

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
Loosen the nut on the top of the motor mounts and pry the engine over. They are slotted so you should be able to get it over to the left or right. You’ll probably have to loosen the crossmember on the trans to free it up alittle also.

OP
OP

Lgarretto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp
OK. Cool. Hopefully that will fix it
Sponsored