Sponsored

Price Increase

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
They will charge you the extra tax.

And I'm probably reading it wrong but the statement above seems to me saying that's it's down to the LIST price and not the price ordered.
So could ford LIST the GT mustang at £40,001 on the 31st March and all registered cars on the 1st of April will pay the higher tax? Is that right?
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
They will charge you the extra tax.

And I'm probably reading it wrong but the statement above seems to me saying that's it's down to the LIST price and not the price ordered.
So could ford LIST the GT mustang at £40,001 on the 31st March and all registered cars on the 1st of April will pay the higher tax? Is that right?
The on the road price on 01/04/2017 minus the road fund licence and first registration fee.

Currently this is £34995-£1120-£55=£33820 for the base GT. Mine is £35900 with options. I hope this remain under 40k next April...

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
If Ford charges 40k for a base GT in March then salls will fall through the floor. Best thing to do is order now for an April/May delivery.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
The on the road price on 01/04/2017 minus the road fund licence and first registration fee.

Currently this is £34995-£1120-£55=£33820 for the base GT. Mine is £35900 with options. I hope this remain under 40k next April...
Ah ok. Well that's good then.

I did always think that the OTR price was inclusive of tax and registration tho? :shrug:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
This VED business is on the invoice price of the specific car you buy when you come to buy it, not the standard sticker price across the range at the time.

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
This VED business is on the invoice price of the specific car you buy when you come to buy it, not the standard sticker price across the range at the time.
Its the list price plus options and delivery charges minus road tax and registration fee of the vehicle on the 1st April 2017 regardless of how much you pay...

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Its the list price plus options and delivery charges minus road tax and registration fee of the vehicle on the 1st April 2017 regardless of how much you pay...
^^This is my understanding. It's the explanation that makes sense though not like the government to miss an opportunity to tax twice.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
^^This is my understanding. It's the explanation that makes sense though not like the government to miss an opportunity to tax twice.
Well mine is a business purchase so I looked into it very carefully and wrote to HMRC and had that confirmed by the tax man in writing. Not that it means much when it comes to it they'll do what they want :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Well mine is a business purchase so I looked into it very carefully and wrote to HMRC and had that confirmed by the tax man in writing. Not that it means much when it comes to it they'll do what they want :D
Using the price less the first year tax for determining the new band is a good thing surely.

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
It is your invoice price because it includes whatever dealer fitted extras are on the car. They are of course highly individual, so there isn't just one (list) price for a GT.

Somewhat of a moot point here anyway because even stacking it, you're not going to get it over £40k

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Yeah the Ford T & Cs say that car ordered must be accepted within 3 months or in the case of the Mustang as soon as available.

Then you get it at the price at the time of ordering.

This might mean that any late delivered cars might only have the current 1000 pound first time tax and then only 140 a year.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Or as the dealer explained it to me.
"Here's your new car, would you like to take it for a spin around the block?"
"Happy? Good."
"Here's your sales & VED invoice, now we'll fit the dealer extras...."
Sponsored