Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I'm trying to choose between 3 options really
black regular
dark saddle regular
black premium

I'm looking to get these into a Magnetic Mustang and I think the dark saddle looks good from the photos I've seen - but I've NEVER had a car with anything other than black/dark seats so I'm a bit unsure.

I'm also unsure if the upgrade to the premium seats are worth it... there seems to be no real good info on this... that I've found.

Anyone got any opinions?
Sponsored

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Anyone? Or a link to a discussion on these seats here? I tried the search but my skills seem to be lacking :(

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
the difference between non premium and premium seats are probably full electronic control of adjustments, and heated/cooled seats with leather. non premium seats are about 80% electronic anyway. i havent sat in a premium but on the base gts, the only thing manual is the incline decline of the back seat, everything else is electronic.

rdycoss1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium PP
The black ebony (or redline) premier seats are much nicer: different design and materials, contrast stitching, etc.. also the premier trim comes with nicer door panels, soft leather cover on the top of the doors (vs. plastic for the base...) and contrast stitching on the steering wheel, dash, etc... overall: the premier trim is a steal for the price.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Hm... From the photos on EU configurator it looks like no contrast stitching (it's all black - no redline option) ...

I'm also wondering if plastic on the doors wouldn't be better for a convertible :)

Biggest issue is we get this bundled with unspecified nickel luster wheels... And I find the dark saddle 'dapper' on Magnetic :)

Thanks for your opinions though!

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The premier trim leather is softer...the standard leather feels more like vinyl. Just my opinion.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hm... From the photos on EU configurator it looks like no contrast stitching (it's all black - no redline option) ...

I'm also wondering if plastic on the doors wouldn't be better for a convertible :)

Biggest issue is we get this bundled with unspecified nickel luster wheels... And I find the dark saddle 'dapper' on Magnetic :)

Thanks for your opinions though!
The pictures on the EU configurator are crap, no way to tell how they really look, even on the premium package you cant see any stitching. I wish we had the choice of the red leather though, looks hot on the door panels as well. Leather paint anyone?

mpwillis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Vert, '92 911 Cabrio
I'm trying to choose between 3 options really
black regular
dark saddle regular
black premium

I'm looking to get these into a Magnetic Mustang and I think the dark saddle looks good from the photos I've seen - but I've NEVER had a car with anything other than black/dark seats so I'm a bit unsure.

I'm also unsure if the upgrade to the premium seats are worth it... there seems to be no real good info on this... that I've found.

Anyone got any opinions?
I have Premium Magnetic EB vert with premier redline. Wanted saddle, but couldn't get premier features, so went with red. IMO premier interior features worth $300-400. No regrets. Red really pops on the mag vert.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I have Premium Magnetic EB vert with premier redline. Wanted saddle, but couldn't get premier features, so went with red. IMO premier interior features worth $300-400. No regrets. Red really pops on the mag vert.
Unfortunately we don't get the redline in Europe, it's black, white (ceramic) or saddle...

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
Personally I like them a lot better than the black, I think white would have looked great but I heard jeans can stain them so I went with the saddle.

peYfG6a.jpg

BK1yKBl.jpg

I also like how just the front of the seats (where you sit) are saddle while the sides and back are black, it gives it a nice contrast.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I'd like the premium features - AND I'd like the saddle... that's not an option over here though... and actually buying the custom pack is cheaper than the options all together - and you get the premium features "for free". It's clear they want to sell this pack over here...

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
I'd like the premium features - AND I'd like the saddle... that's not an option over here though... and actually buying the custom pack is cheaper than the options all together - and you get the premium features "for free". It's clear they want to sell this pack over here...
So you can't order saddle interior overseas? I really wonder why they would do that. But yes I wish I would have ordered the premium leather option now that I've read about what it actually is. Hopefully in the future Ford can actually point out what some of the options are instead of being so vague...:frusty:

What exactly is the custom pack? We don't have that option over here in the U.S.

Last edited:
OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Custom/Premium pack is a "bundle" with upgraded seat, leather interior "bits", "nickel luster" 10Y wheel upgrade, chrome window surrounds like the LE, and all the doowahs (the Shaker Pro, heated/ventilated seats, navigation and rear view camera (atleast in my country, others have some minor differences)).

We CAN order saddle, but not in combination with the upgraded interior.

So my choice is;
1) dark saddle with regular interior but all the doowahs and black wheels
2) black premium seats with premium interior, all the doowahs and "nickel" wheels

Is that photo up there representative of the actual colour on these seats? It looks a bit... bright? I'd prefer a darker colour - more like the one in this video.
[ame]

AlphaQueu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR Ecoboost Premium
Custom/Premium pack is a "bundle" with upgraded seat, leather interior "bits", "nickel luster" 10Y wheel upgrade, chrome window surrounds like the LE, and all the doowahs (the Shaker Pro, heated/ventilated seats, navigation and rear view camera (atleast in my country, others have some minor differences)).

We CAN order saddle, but not in combination with the upgraded interior.

So my choice is;
1) dark saddle with regular interior but all the doowahs and black wheels
2) black premium seats with premium interior, all the doowahs and "nickel" wheels

Is that photo up there representative of the actual colour on these seats? It looks a bit... bright? I'd prefer a darker colour - more like the one in this video.

Yes that's the actual color of the seats when the sun is shining right on them. I too thought they'd be darker but I've grown to like the lighter shade.
Sponsored