Sponsored

PP2 suspension height - is it just the tires?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
does anyone know how the 1/2” lowering of the PP2 was accomplished?

The tires they chose seem to be about a 1/2” in ride height less already. Does this mean all other tire sizes will still fit? Of course they will need rims that fit over this 15” Brembos.

I already know what the car magazines and the build website list for what the changes are. Unfortunately, none of them indicate if they used lowering springs or other changes to get the resultant geometry.

Thanks

Frank
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Are you asking because you have a PP2 and want to know if you can use taller tires as used on other trims?

Or because you don't have a PP2 and want to lower you car somewhat, but less than the 1"+ of the typical lowering spring?

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a PP2 and would like to know if larger diameter tires will fit and what might be he largest I can fit.

Also would like to know if the ride height is due to the springs/ suspension and not solely the tires. Curious if it has a shorter suspension throw.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the stiffness , ride and handling. Just curious about how they got the car lower and what minimal options that may affect.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a PP2 and would like to know if larger diameter tires will fit and what might be he largest I can fit.

Also would like to know if the ride height is due to the springs/ suspension and not solely the tires. Curious if it has a shorter suspension throw.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the stiffness , ride and handling. Just curious about how they got the car lower and what minimal options that may affect.
I believe that the PP2 is just a few mm lower than the standard PP1 from the spring selection, but the tires is the biggest reason it's lower. They're quite a lot smaller diameter than the PP1, so half of that goes to ride height.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The stock PP2 wheels are a bit pokey, so probably going to taller tires is a little iffy on them. But using different wheels, the usual 35 and 40 series options will work. But nobody makes much in 305/35R19, none in 305/40R19. So you have to go narrower, to go taller. Which for winter wheels & tires might be a good idea (as would a less pokey offset).

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that the PP2 is just a few mm lower than the standard PP1 from the spring selection, but the tires is the biggest reason it's lower. They're quite a lot smaller diameter than the PP1, so half of that goes to ride height.
Right. 26.3” diameter on 305/30R19 MPSC2, and 27.1” on the 255/40R19 front PP1 MP4S, so half of that diameter affects ride height, so -0.4” lower from tires alone.

The 27.7” 275/40R19 rear MP4S is even a bigger difference. -0.7” from tires.

I run similar taller street and shorter competition tires on my GT and I nearly took the bumper off on a parking curb with the shorter tires on the car. Heh, forgot it was that much lower.
Sponsored