PP2 real life pictures

Scolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2, Oxford white, 401a, active exhaust
Had the roof wrapped in gloss black today. I was unable to order the car with the black roof, so had it wrapped instead.
You can find me driving around Waldorf, La Plata, and Prince Frederick.
F9B9A604-D55A-4FDA-A021-4C91A2645E5D.jpeg

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Had the roof wrapped in gloss black today. I was unable to order the car with the black roof, so had it wrapped instead.
You can find me driving around Waldorf, La Plata, and Prince Frederick.

That looks outstanding! Need more pics!!!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Another teaser pic. She's a dirty girl, but all panels look good and straight and no apparent transport damage that I can see. Damn, those are wide tires!

picture.jpg

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
[MENTION=33824]Scolo[/MENTION] - that wrap looks awesome. How long will the wrap stay on before you have to get it done again?

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
[MENTION=34093]Silver Bullitt[/MENTION] - did the dealer have to install the front splitter?

Scolo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2, Oxford white, 401a, active exhaust
[MENTION=35248]Mhjr74[/MENTION] I was told the wrap would last 5 to 7 years.
The front splitter is installed by the dealer. The splitter would most likely been damaged leaving the factory to get on the train and truck if they were installed at the factory.

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
With Sport Cup 2's and the way ford stuck the front tires 1/2" outside the fenders, you can say goodbye to all of your rear fender paint. those tires pick up everything!

I love the look but cannot stand the ridiculous offset on the front wheels

Why ford, why?

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Is anyone running a 285/35/19 fronts and 325/30/19 in rears yet? Picking up my car June 10. Want to change tires before I take home. My thought is a 285 might tuck in more in the front fender? Hopefully a 325 won't pop out the rear? Help is appreciated. Thank you.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
With Sport Cup 2's and the way ford stuck the front tires 1/2" outside the fenders, you can say goodbye to all of your rear fender paint. those tires pick up everything!
I think you're worrying too much. I've got about the same amount of 'poke' with the track set on my '08, and even MPSS tires will pick up most every little pebble when they're hot but I'm not seeing any more than when it ran the much narrower OE sizes. When you're tracking your car, its paint is going to collect stuff, some from you, some from other cars kicking it up.

Why ford, why?
Why? Because whatever offset it is, is what it takes to make 305's fit up front given whatever corporate standards involving tire clearances might require. Keep in mind that different criteria are in use for judging the matter of "it fits". Some (like the mass-market wheel supply houses) are way more conservative than others.

Have you checked the clearances on the back side of the wheel (to the strut, sta-bar, and control links in particular)? I doubt there's enough room to be able to fully tuck a 305-wide tire.

"Ridiculous" is how people describe how this looks when they aren't serious enough about the cornering & handling stuff. The PP2 wasn't aimed at the car show/Cars & Coffee demographic. Once you are that serious, it looks right because you know you're using the reason it looks the way it does.

Norm

Last edited:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods

Why ford, why?
People don't know how to be happy.

First everyone complains that Ford tucks the tires too much on the Mustang. Now you're complaining they "poke" too much.

It's a purpose-built machine. It's for laying down fast times on a track and tearing up mountain roads. Full stop.

subtimus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 silver PP2