Sponsored

PP2 OWNER EXPERIENCES - RAVES/QUIRKS

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
So I picked up my PP2 on Friday, has 4.4 miles on it. This is my first experience with the mt82. As soon as I drove it off the lot I am noticing a slight vibration through the clutch pedal at the engagement point when I am taking off from a stop. Also seems to be the case in reverse. No noises or anything and it shifts smoothly. Is this normal? I’ve never experienced this with any other car. Hoping it will go away
Sponsored

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So I picked up my PP2 on Friday, has 4.4 miles on it. This is my first experience with the mt82. As soon as I drove it off the lot I am noticing a slight vibration through the clutch pedal at the engagement point when I am taking off from a stop. Also seems to be the case in reverse. No noises or anything and it shifts smoothly. Is this normal? I’ve never experienced this with any other car. Hoping it will go away
give her the beans. more skinny pedal.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I have had my PP2 for a year and a half. One of the smoothest clutches i have experienced. It is either one of two things you are used to something even smoother or there really is a problem give it a little bit of time and if it still continues just bring it to a dealer and let them deal with it . I am going to guess it is just what you are used to .

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I have had my PP2 for a year and a half. One of the smoothest clutches i have experienced. It is either one of two things you are used to something even smoother or there really is a problem give it a little bit of time and if it still continues just bring it to a dealer and let them deal with it . I am going to guess it is just what you are used to .
I am used to the tremec in the 350 and T56 on the Terminator. I can’t imagine I’m not giving it enough gas but I’ll try that

gnarlycaveman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I am used to the tremec in the 350 and T56 on the Terminator. I can’t imagine I’m not giving it enough gas but I’ll try that
or since its a sloppy box maybe you are starting in 3rd gear by accident sometimes. ive done it a couple times not knowing and if you let it out to quick she dont like it.

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Replace the pedal spring with the steeda spring and seem if that takes care of it. I hated the pedal feel until I changed mine...so much better now. It's a cheap easy swap.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
Id let it break in a bit before changing anything or jumping to conclusions.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
New owner of a PP2 here and absolutely love it so far. Today however I ran into my first gripe with the car. Took it through my favorite backroads and got the rear axle temp overheat warning. I had read all about the car needing a diff cooler for track use (and that is also mentioned in the supplemental PP2 manual) but I never thought it would be an issue with street use. A little disappointing having to slow down not even half way through my usual run. Ambient temps were only in the mid to high 80s.

Another thing I've noticed is being unable to apply throttle early through a turn and that's before any sign of wheel spin whatsoever. I have a feeling the computer senses the lateral Gs and decides not to let you throttle through no matter what. This seems to have been resolved with holding the traction off button until it says "Advancetrac" disabled instead of just traction off.

Perhaps one more little thing is that I find the throttle mapping to be a little on the lazy side. I do my own heal toes and I feel I have to hit the gas more than I'd want to. Sport + and track mode seem a little better but I wish I could have a snappier throttle response without being forced into the stiffer suspension setting. Or maybe I just need to get more used to the car. I just can't nail the heal toes 100% perfect just yet.

Beyond that I gotta say the car has met and exceeded all my expectations as a fun driver's car. Clutch and shifter a peachy despite the forums leading me to believe I'd at the minimum need a spring a bracket. The car looks and sounds awesome but it's so much more than that. Handling and grip are world class even with factory alignment (a bit light on negative camber). Very neutral and confidence inspiring which makes the car super fun! Nailed 1.12G on a smooth right hander!
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
New owner of a PP2 here and absolutely love it so far. Today however I ran into my first gripe with the car. Took it through my favorite backroads and got the rear axle temp overheat warning. I had read all about the car needing a diff cooler for track use (and that is also mentioned in the supplemental PP2 manual) but I never thought it would be an issue with street use. A little disappointing having to slow down not even half way through my usual run. Ambient temps were only in the mid to high 80s.

Another thing I've noticed is being unable to apply throttle early through a turn and that's before any sign of wheel spin whatsoever. I have a feeling the computer senses the lateral Gs and decides not to let you throttle through no matter what. This seems to have been resolved with holding the traction off button until it says "Advancetrac" disabled instead of just traction off.

Perhaps one more little thing is that I find the throttle mapping to be a little on the lazy side. I do my own heal toes and I feel I have to hit the gas more than I'd want to. Sport + and track mode seem a little better but I wish I could have a snappier throttle response without being forced into the stiffer suspension setting. Or maybe I just need to get more used to the car. I just can't nail the heal toes 100% perfect just yet.

Beyond that I gotta say the car has met and exceeded all my expectations as a fun driver's car. Clutch and shifter a peachy despite the forums leading me to believe I'd at the minimum need a spring a bracket. The car looks and sounds awesome but it's so much more than that. Handling and grip are world class even with factory alignment (a bit light on negative camber). Very neutral and confidence inspiring which makes the car super fun! Nailed 1.12G on a smooth right hander!
IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG
https://www.opmustang.com/store/p7/...NG_-_Transmission_and_Rear_Axle_Fluid_.html#/
I have yet to do this upgrade but rumor has it, this is very helpful in keeping temps in check. Also putting header wrap around the exhaust near the differential is recommended. I bought the read diff cooler but have yet to install.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

IMG_1510.jpg
IMG_1514.JPG
IMG_1515.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG
It is odd how some PP2s diff gets hot easier than others. Ive never had mine overheat and I've pushed it on tracks and back roads. I did change the fluid at 3000 miles and was a little surprised at how bad the fluid looked and how much sludge was on the plug. Put royal purple in, normal weight, and triple wrapped the exhaust near the diff and my temps now run on average 50 degrees cooler than before even with these 100 degree days. A lot cheaper than a cooler. Might be worth a try.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Cannot say anything regarding the rear end temps. Planning of joining some local drivers for an outing in the mountains. Driving a PP2, them 350's the rear temps were metioned. Concerned, was informed the car will go into a limp mode. If the gear gets over heated, did you experience that?

To add you might want to have look at the Roush CAI, & L1 tune. That really changes the throttle behavior, with some extra kick ass.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
https://www.opmustang.com/store/p7/...NG_-_Transmission_and_Rear_Axle_Fluid_.html#/
I have yet to do this upgrade but rumor has it, this is very helpful in keeping temps in check. Also putting header wrap around the exhaust near the differential is recommended. I bought the read diff cooler but have yet to install.
It is odd how some PP2s diff gets hot easier than others. Ive never had mine overheat and I've pushed it on tracks and back roads. I did change the fluid at 3000 miles and was a little surprised at how bad the fluid looked and how much sludge was on the plug. Put royal purple in, normal weight, and triple wrapped the exhaust near the diff and my temps now run on average 50 degrees cooler than before even with these 100 degree days. A lot cheaper than a cooler. Might be worth a try.
Thanks for the advice. That sounds great. I will give header wrap and upgraded fluid a try and report back.

Cannot say anything regarding the rear end temps. Planning of joining some local drivers for an outing in the mountains. Driving a PP2, them 350's the rear temps were metioned. Concerned, was informed the car will go into a limp mode. If the gear gets over heated, did you experience that?

To add you might want to have look at the Roush CAI, & L1 tune. That really changes the throttle behavior, with some extra kick ass.
Did not experience any limp mode just the warning. I would actually recommend being cautious if you ever get the warning. Hitting OK makes it go away even though the diff hasn't cooled down.

Roush stuff: will check it out. I wonder if the Ford performance tune alters the throttle mapping too.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did not experience any limp mode just the warning. I would actually recommend being cautious if you ever get the warning. Hitting OK makes it go away even though the diff hasn't cooled down.

Thanks for the heads up, not over riding a warning. Not in the mood to grenade a rear end also.
Might wrap the tails pipes before I go for a lively mountain run.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Thanks for the heads up, not over riding a warning. Not in the mood to grenade a rear end also.
Might wrap the tails pipes before I go for a lively mountain run.
I ordered some Motul gear oil and a pair of Thermotec clamp on heat shields. I look forward to see how much of an improvement these two make.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered some Motul gear oil and a pair of Thermotec clamp on heat shields. I look forward to see how much of an improvement these two make.
Ordered

Funny I thought about heat shields. When I put the X pipe on I photographed the underside of the car.
Looking at the rear and how the tail pipe wraps the housing. Ordered Titanium exhaust wrap from summit. I'll wrap the pipe area that surrounds the housing,.

The guy planning the run. Mentioned he may need a cool down stop cause of the gear oil heat. First I heard of that & got my attention. He driving a 350, that being a car with track in its DNA it surprised me.

Then you mentioning the same event. The probability of that occuring needs to be considered, might as well wrap the area.

What's with the friction additive no clutch packs in a Torsen ?

Sponsored