PP Dash Gauges in ECB Premium

NicksGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
I purchased a complete set of vac/oil pressure gauges and trim recently. Does anyone know what year and models Ford put the wiring behind the sync screen in dash? I read through the long thread on this forum about installing in a non PP car and found reference to the 18' GT model year.
Sponsored

cdud99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
It looks like the 15-17 mustangs also had the performance pack gauges so you should be able to tap into the wires behind the dash. Let me know how it goes, I've been wanting to do this!

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I understood that the non-PP EcoBoost did not have the sensor for oil pressure. I'm interested to find out if adding the gauges will let you access oil pressure as well by tapping into the wires behind the dash panel.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Use the search function. Someone here or on the Mustang Ecoboost forum did a complete write up on how to do this.

OP
OP

NicksGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Use the search function. Someone here or on the Mustang Ecoboost forum did a complete write up on how to do this.
I am currently on vacation and away from the ECB, but reading through this thread, https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/install-pp-gauges-on-non-pp-model-recap.99467/ the oil pressure gauge must be "tuned" in. The sending unit must be switched to "transducer" in the file.
My purchase on ebay did not go as planned as the seller originally described the dash as "perfect", but there were numerous scratches on the gauge dash piece. It is now being custom wrapped. The seller recognized their mistake and I received a partial refund, so I kept everything.
Upon returning from vacation I will have the mustang in the air to install my engine side catch can and will look at the oil pressure sending unit to see if the unit is 1 wire or 3 wire.
Sponsored