Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamjdesign.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hay everyone, I got the Powerstop Drilled and Slotted Rotors for my 2015 Ecoboost. I did the front and rear and changed the pads to the Z26. The rear is making a crazy noise. I have taken it in to 3 different places and they all say there is nothing wrong with the calipers, bearings, brakes, rotors, etc, etc. BUT this noise!! It sounds like taking a playing card taped to a bicycle and hitting the spokes on the wheel. The faster I go, the faster it goes and gets louder. I only hear it when I am next to something (car, wall, hill, etc). But they all say the car is fine, and driving it is great. HELP! Please.:doh:
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
wheel weights hitting the caliper?

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Did you bed the new pads in ?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Sticker on the drive shaft. This has been a commonly reported cause for the noise you describe.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Any luck on the cause?

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored
OP
OP
IkoIko420

IkoIko420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamjdesign.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Do you think that maybe you need to read that box you got the brake pads in .
Actually, I never heard the term "bedding". Yes, I did the "breaking in" of the brakes as it suggested. You probably could have said that, instead of a smart-ass answer. Just saying. But, thank you for your suggestion.

OP
OP
IkoIko420

IkoIko420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamjdesign.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
OK, so Powerstop said that the noise should stop between 200 and 500 miles after install. If it doesn't, then contact them again. So, I have about 300+ miles since the brake/rotor change. We'll see. Thanks for all your help/suggestions... well, most anyways:like:

OP
OP
IkoIko420

IkoIko420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamjdesign.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
?? In all fairness to everyone who responds, don't you think that following instructions is critical? Post #3 came in with a good suggestion. BTW, here it is in writing and took 2 sec. to pull it up on the web.
https://www.powerstop.com/brake-pad-break-in-procedure/
You are correct, following the instructions (especially on new brakes for a car) is critical. It was a good suggestion, once I looked into it and realized that bedding is breaking in and that I had already done that, it seemed a little much for his second post. In all fairness, was the 2nd post of his necessary? My first brake job, and the only time I had seen the word "bedding" was in the first paragraph of the instructions. Then it uses "breaking in". As I stated, I just wasn't sure what the term bedding was. Even your link has break-in-procedure in it. I was just using "sarcasm" as he was. Did you say anything to him about his sarcasm like "Hey man, you could have said bedding is the correct term for breaking in. May be he is new to this sort of thing?"

Thanks for your 2 cents on the subject of the thread though. (sarcasm)

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took no offense and was trying to be of help with your issue . It is a good thing that you are following a procedure to find out what is annoying you with yer mustang .
Sponsored