Sponsored

Post Pix of your S550 with aftermarket wheels and tires

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 3 sets of MRR wheels on my last 3 vehicles. The quality was amazing, they were very light, the offsets were perfect and they all held up great. Unless I can't get an MRR wheel to match my future vehicles, they've earned a customer for life.
Sponsored

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've had 3 sets of MRR wheels on my last 3 vehicles. The quality was amazing, they were very light, the offsets were perfect and they all held up great. Unless I can't get an MRR wheel to match my future vehicles, they've earned a customer for life.
Im honestly blushing :love: lol
on a serious note Thank you we do our best to support our customers as much as they support us :thumbsup:

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
Can’t decide what my next wheel choice will be! Kind of torn between project6grs and P51 wheels...
Whichever you choose, just make sure it's something you like and not what everybody wants you to get. :cheers:

I feel ya man. I believe I’m leaning more towards P51 myself. Lighter and more brake caliper clearance
Awesome! Thanks for the love towards the P51! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

VibeMotorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vibemotorsports.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2019 F150 Shelby Super Snake
Rotary Forged
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]F5t2HwXts7U[/MEDIA]"]

Full Forged as the images above.

Direct Cut on a Forged Aluminium Barrel

:ford:​

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Rotary Forged

Full Forged as the images above.

Direct Cut on a Forged Aluminium Barrel

:ford:​
As a designer I love seeing these types of things. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
The difference between Rotory Forged to Fully Forged !!!!

Okay, what's the difference between Rotary Forged and Fully Forged?
Allow me to explain in depth for you sir.

Rotory forged/ spun forged/ flow form/ flow forge etc

Is a sub construction of cast wheels. What this mean is the wheel is born out of a mold just like a cast wheel, alloy is poured in at low pressure. Now here is where it changes.

A cast wheel say for instance 20x11 needs a mold typically 2-3 pieces that is 20" diameter and 11" in width with the reverse design made into the molding so the wheel takes shape. This process requires material which thus means weight, but it also means pours or bubbles in the material while it hardness. Hence a heavier wheel that can theoretically not be suitable for more abuse and such.

A Rotory Forged wheel is different say for instance once again the final product is a 20x11. Well the mold is for instance 20" in diameter but the width is say 6" thus the pour is more dense and yet less material being used. So already less chance of pours or bubbles in the hardening process.

Now here is the kicker, the wheel is then put onto a spun forged, flow form, rotory forging (hence the name) machine. This machine spins the wheel while heating it up and rollers contact causing friction. This friction causes the barrel to become malleable and it is pulled. During this process of heating and pulling the barrel itself at a molecular level changes to near tensile forged so it is stronger and lighter. The face is still cast the barrel is rotory forged.

Video For reference

[ame]

What is a Fully Forged Wheel

A fully forged wheel is created using pressure, heat and Alloy normally 6061-T6 Grade material. The process of smelting, forgings making the blank, milling tolerances out of the blank and the final product causes the wheel to be at minimum 3X stronger then cast wheels. Now this process uses expensive Aluminum, engineering, CNC machines, finishing and such so the cost is more anywhere from 3X to 15X the price of cast wheel depending on what wheel it is. However you get the strongest, lightest and most customized wheel in this process.

Here is a video on how Forged wheels are made by the Best Forged Wheel Company in the world HRE Wheels

[ame]

Sponsored

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
11.5" rear wheels and 325/30/19 MPSS. The tires are about 40% wider than the cell phone camera will capture.
24quyiw.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Allow me to explain in depth for you sir.

Rotory forged/ spun forged/ flow form/ flow forge etc

Is a sub construction of cast wheels. What this mean is the wheel is born out of a mold just like a cast wheel, alloy is poured in at low pressure. Now here is where it changes.

A cast wheel say for instance 20x11 needs a mold typically 2-3 pieces that is 20" diameter and 11" in width with the reverse design made into the molding so the wheel takes shape. This process requires material which thus means weight, but it also means pours or bubbles in the material while it hardness. Hence a heavier wheel that can theoretically not be suitable for more abuse and such.

A Rotory Forged wheel is different say for instance once again the final product is a 20x11. Well the mold is for instance 20" in diameter but the width is say 6" thus the pour is more dense and yet less material being used. So already less chance of pours or bubbles in the hardening process.

Now here is the kicker, the wheel is then put onto a spun forged, flow form, rotory forging (hence the name) machine. This machine spins the wheel while heating it up and rollers contact causing friction. This friction causes the barrel to become malleable and it is pulled. During this process of heating and pulling the barrel itself at a molecular level changes to near tensile forged so it is stronger and lighter. The face is still cast the barrel is rotory forged.

Video For reference

What is a Fully Forged Wheel

A fully forged wheel is created using pressure, heat and Alloy normally 6061-T6 Grade material. The process of smelting, forgings making the blank, milling tolerances out of the blank and the final product causes the wheel to be at minimum 3X stronger then cast wheels. Now this process uses expensive Aluminum, engineering, CNC machines, finishing and such so the cost is more anywhere from 3X to 15X the price of cast wheel depending on what wheel it is. However you get the strongest, lightest and most customized wheel in this process.

Here is a video on how Forged wheels are made by the Best Forged Wheel Company in the world HRE Wheels

I could watch this all morning. And those Carbon Fiber Barrels :love::love::love:

The cost of those Carbon Fiber Barrels :brokenheart::brokenheart::brokenheart:

VibeMotorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vibemotorsports.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2019 F150 Shelby Super Snake
11.5" rear wheels and 325/30/19 MPSS. The tires are about 40% wider than the cell phone camera will capture.
24quyiw.jpg
Very nice brother :thumbsup:

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)