Sponsored

Poor Sirius reception?

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Subscribing... I have this issue too. Driving certain directions, with nothing but clear open sky has constant signal cutouts.
Sponsored

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
hey guys,

just saw this update on the Escape forum I follow as well. I've already reached out to my dealers Service Manager who's forwarded this on to engineering to see when we can expect the same fix for the Mustang.

bPnTDJI.png

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here is the response I received from the engineer:
Correct, Escape vehicles are being fixed with their corresponding SSM. At this time engineering is still working on a fix for expedition, navigator, F150, Mustang, Transit, and Taurus all with the Sync 3 system and Sirius dropping out. Refer to SSM 45710.

Tentative date for a fix is sometime in May. Please note that this date may change greatly depending on multiple factors with engineering and suppliers as I can’t promise it will happen in May. If you run into any other of these vehicles in any of the vehicle lines mentioned above, please fill out a Global Concern Report (GCR) though report a vehicle concern link at the bottom of Oasis. This will help give more ammo to engineering with more vehicles out there in need of a repair.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
My Sirius signal is awful compared to the three GM cars I have with XM. Even telephone poles make mine lose signal.

Last edited:

mbaran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
bumping, has anyone gotten updated info from a dealer on the replacement part? my dealer has been quiet.

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I cancelled my subscription and have gotten several calls to reinstate and I have told them every time I am not paying a monthly fee for terrible sound quality, needless to say, Sirius does not want to get involved at all. They cant wait to get off the phone when I tell them that.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Just paid them $32 for 6 months, hard to resist the sports channels.

tagorgia

Krazydog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hey guys.

Just got this update from my dealer today. Looks like it's snowballing into a much bigger thing, which I predicted.

Took my wife's 2016 Mustang in yesterday for the same issue. All the dealer did was inspect the connections. I have 4 cars; 2 Chevys with XM and 2 Fords with Sirius. The XM radios work perfectly. My Harley F150 loses signals occasionally but my wife's new Mustang loses it all the time. And we live in Phoenix with nothing in the sky but sunshine. My wife is not happy. I talked her into the Mustang. She had a 2012 Camaro RS and loved it. And most importantly, the radio work all the time. She's on the road a lot, so the radio is very important to her. I don't know why Ford can get it right with their radios, they should just dump the Sync radios and buy a quality radio from someone else.

Yeh, the dealer told me that Ford Engineering is aware of the problem and working on a fix. Sure, and Christmas is coming too. I'm going to keep bringing it back until they fix it or it falls under the lemon law. This is BS.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Took my wife's 2016 Mustang in yesterday for the same issue. All the dealer did was inspect the connections. I have 4 cars; 2 Chevys with XM and 2 Fords with Sirius. The XM radios work perfectly. My Harley F150 loses signals occasionally but my wife's new Mustang loses it all the time. And we live in Phoenix with nothing in the sky but sunshine. My wife is not happy. I talked her into the Mustang. She had a 2012 Camaro RS and loved it. And most importantly, the radio work all the time. She's on the road a lot, so the radio is very important to her. I don't know why Ford can get it right with their radios, they should just dump the Sync radios and buy a quality radio from someone else.

Yeh, the dealer told me that Ford Engineering is aware of the problem and working on a fix. Sure, and Christmas is coming too. I'm going to keep bringing it back until they fix it or it falls under the lemon law. This is BS.
I see the report says 2016 cars. Mine is a 2016 and the Sirius is crap. I cancelled my subscription due to the poor sound quality and constant dropped signals and I dont have Navigation either and I saw in other posts that they say it was cars with Nav too so....

I have had satellite radio a lot over the years but with this car its a complete waste of time.

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
Guys,

I installed a portable Sirius Stratus in my wife's 2016 V6. I get the same "blackout" areas with the portable as I get with my 2016 EcoBoost with factory Sirius. The only other difference between the 2 cars is antenna placement. On the V6 I installed the Sirius antenna on the rear deck lid close to the bottom of the rear window, and the EcoBoost is in the factory location on the roof.

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I am wondering if its a Sirius vs XM issue? My '12 Taurus had an XM radio and I had ROCK solid connectivity even in my parking garage. Now in the '16 GT with a Sirius radio I get pretty spotty in places and nothing in the garage.

Its not bad enough to make me cancel but it is a bit annoying.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have had it in several different cars over the years and also had a portable Sirius unit too and this Mustang is by far the worst reception I have ever had and even when I get reception the sound quality is terrible compared to Pandora or Spotify so I cancelled my subscription.

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
I have the same thing with my 2015....... has to be the same problem.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issues with my 2016: terrible sound quality and constant drops. For reference, my fiance has a portable plug-in unit in her jeep and she seems to have much better reception. I don't recall it ever dropping signal while riding in it.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Just got a call from Sirius. They said that they have done some recent upgrades to boost signal and sound quality. Offered me 4 months for $26 with no future commitment or automatic renewal so I am giving it a try. I spend $26 by accident sometimes so its worth a shot plus I listened to Howard Stern on my computer in the mornings when I had it before. If it sounds any better I will be sure to let everyone know
Sponsored