Sponsored

Poopie Paint

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Unfortunately my pony has to stay outside in an apartment complex. There is an extra wide spot that no one parks in, which doesn't get hit by the sprinklers. However, it is under a tree and sometimes gets pooped on. In the mornings if the birds have let lose, I wipe it away and leave no residue.

I've heard bird poop ruins paint, but how long does it have to stay on the paint before it starts leaving marks?
Sponsored

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Depends on a lot of things. If its hot or in the sun it can stain sooner. The same can be said for sap and bug splatters. could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on conditions. I had a bug splatter on my front bumper just before the seal that separates the bumper and hood which I let go for a few days and when I washed it off there was a very slight stain which did go away eventually. I didn't have any sealant on the car at that point yet so there was no protection.

As long as you keep the car clean and use high quality paint sealant and wax you should be fine. the best thing to do is to apply a paint sealant every 4-6 months (since your car isn't garaged) and then apply a layer of wax once a month (after each wash is even better but time consuming). Keep some quick detailer in your car and wipe up anything as soon as you see it with a microfiber cloth.

I treat my car with chemical guys jet seal once every 6 months as a base layer and then hit it with chemical guys v07 detailer (quick sealant) and then a layer meguires gold class quick wax after each wash. Car looks perfect every time.

The sealant last longer because its synthetic and provides the best protections from UV light and stains. The quick detailer just reinforces the sealant that is already on there and the wax is another layer of protection on top of that but also adds a deep wet look to the paint. Just remember to always apply the sealant first and the wax second.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Most bird poop will etch your paint in a very short time if not removed. It's especially bad if the surface is hot or gets hot when the poop is wet. If it's happening a lot, you would do well to get a thick cover & cover the car when parked. They can be a pain to put on & off, but it beats having your clear coat etched & having to clean bird poop before going to work in the am !

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
I had some crap on my back bumper not too long ago. It was a sunny day, but not really hot and the poop couldn't have been on my car for more than 3 hours. Came home and cleaned it off right away. Sure enough, I see a spot where it looks like the poop etched through the clear coat. I was very pissed. This was with a coat of wax on and some adam's quick detailer.

Put some more wax over it. A few days went by and I went to look for it and couldn't find it. I've looked in all sorts of angles and can't find it. It was a little hard to see in the first place, but as car guys we can see the smallest imperfections. My wife saw it too. But, neither one of us can find it now.

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Depends on a lot of things. If its hot or in the sun it can stain sooner. The same can be said for sap and bug splatters. could be anywhere from a few hours to a few days depending on conditions. I had a bug splatter on my front bumper just before the seal that separates the bumper and hood which I let go for a few days and when I washed it off there was a very slight stain which did go away eventually. I didn't have any sealant on the car at that point yet so there was no protection.

As long as you keep the car clean and use high quality paint sealant and wax you should be fine. the best thing to do is to apply a paint sealant every 4-6 months (since your car isn't garaged) and then apply a layer of wax once a month (after each wash is even better but time consuming). Keep some quick detailer in your car and wipe up anything as soon as you see it with a microfiber cloth.

I treat my car with chemical guys jet seal once every 6 months as a base layer and then hit it with chemical guys v07 detailer (quick sealant) and then a layer meguires gold class quick wax after each wash. Car looks perfect every time.

The sealant last longer because its synthetic and provides the best protections from UV light and stains. The quick detailer just reinforces the sealant that is already on there and the wax is another layer of protection on top of that but also adds a deep wet look to the paint. Just remember to always apply the sealant first and the wax second.
I've had a coat of wax on the car for around 3 months now. Its been through 3-4 washes since and the water still beads. Is it necessary to get a soap that will strip the wax if I'm wanting to put a layer of sealant and wax on? May clay bar it too before the sealant.
Sponsored