Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Wow, internet peer pressure got to you? I was sure you'd stick to the EB. From everything you said in the original post the EB sounded like your path. In the end, you can't go wrong. All 3 engines have benefits that'll make you smile.
This.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
I can't compare myself to other Mustang enthusiasts that have owned multiple mustangs over the years but at least for the new 6 gen I've been following it for over a year now.
I drove to Lincoln last year just to see the limited edition 50th anniversary edition when it was on display for the MCA show. I bought a MCA membership and I have Mustang t-shirts and I've never owned a Mustang.
Making the decision to own a Mustang was tough in its own right with a newborn but as many others have mentioned any Mustang enthusiast/fan needs to experience the GT at least once.
I feel that its either now or never, down the road when my son grows up and who knows maybe i'll have more kids coupes won't cut it anymore and i'll have to transition back to sedans or perhaps an SUV. If i'm going to get a Mustang I feel like I should do it right and get the GT, not that the Ecoboost is wrong, I had a blast test driving it and even thought about what if I just get the Ecoboost and rent a GT on some weekends as needed but for the next 3 years I don't want to live with "ragrets" or disliking the Ecoboost just because I didn't go for the GT. I know that I'm not making the smartest decision here since I'll be making higher payments and spending more on Gas. Surprisingly when I quoted insurance for 2015 GT on Geico the difference wasn't major so that's good.
Also, combined my ecoboost Fusion is only giving me about 22-23 mpg and few people have achieved that in their GTs and I don't even drive over 10k a year.
There are few other minor things that I do like about the GT in terms of styling that I was trying to convince myself that I can probably retrofit into the Ecoboost, the GT grill, the heat extractors, badges (for Ecoboost I would've got 2.3T) and spoiler but when you add all that up and consider getting the ecoboost tuned and CAI for added horespower you might as-well just get the GT.
Worst case scenario if I end up not liking the GT, trading into an Ecoboost shouldn't be too hard but so far i've only seen people doing the reverse.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Ultimately you need to get what works best for you, your family, and your budget. Those are the justifications you need to worry about. Try not to get caught up in "everyone's gotta experience the v8 at least once." If the above fits your justifications, then go ahead and experience the v8. But leave that type of thinking out of the equation when considering what is best for you. And once you make a decision, own it 100% and enjoy it every day. I DD my Mustang and smile every single day in that beast.

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
something else I have not seen talked about on here is the differences in handling characteristics between the two cars. I will be making the choice between gt or eb in about 3-4 months. I used to own 2003 cobra, then a 2011 gt prem, then went to a 2012 boss. I like cars that are fast but handle well.
I have been cross shopping and researching wrx, sti, brz, eb mustang and gt with pp packages. sti vs mustang is a story we all know. AWD VS RWD. but the way a car handles is a big factor for me.
id like a car that I can push on the street. IMO, all anyone needs the have fun w/ on the street is about 300hp depending on vehicle weight.

I think at the end of the day for most mustang owners is the sound. we pay tons every month for car payments for that v8 sound, bc we certainly cant use 435 hp legally on public roads IMHO. that's were the EB will have advantage. But for me, I just cant seem to get it out of my head that the EB cant compare with gt for sound.

my wrx was plenty for public roads (and wrx exhast note sounds better than ecoboost)
my boss handled amazing and sounded pure sex but was a pain to DD

I have owned a wrx in the past and I do like turbos, but personally for me its a matter of:

1. usable power /using car to its potential on public roads.
2. handling
3. sound (v8 wins here)

mpg are not as important as the list above

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
sounds like you need a GTPP. my last car was a FBO E85 '11 WRX. the exhaust note is 10x better than an ecoboost with those UEL headers and that boxer rumble. they have an unmistakable note. you know it's a subaru from a mile away, just like how you know it's a coyote from a mile away.

even after driving my GTPP for 12k miles, i don't miss that subaru one bit... i look forward to going to work every day just so i can drive it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
Guys I'm back with another question, I have a 2016 GT Premium on order and its already a lot more than the Ecoboost. Well currently I have it optioned with 3.55 and it just has base wheels, I really don't like the base wheels but I was hoping I can keep them for winter and buy the 20" on eBay or here, Unfortunately I'm not finding any good deals on the 20s, most are 1600 to 2k on eBay, would it make sense to go back to base gears to save the 400 or so and pay the 1,100 for the 20s, I initially wanted the black PP 19s but people here have complained about difficulty in keeping them clean and the benefit with the 20s I can plasti dip them black if I wanted. I feel like the base wheels would be more readily available and maybe someone will sell them for 500 total. That would still keep me around 1600 total for wheels with 2 sets and knowing that my 20s are brand new.

Other 19 and 20" wheels out there are all expensive o me, the MR350s are nice but those retail for 1500 for just the wheels without tires.

I already made the decision to move from ecoboost to GT and never owned a v8, is the the 3.55 really going to make a difference or should I use its cost towards the wheels?

Thanks.

Brad

Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S - Big Turbo EB
Guys I'm back with another question, I have a 2016 GT Premium on order and its already a lot more than the Ecoboost. Well currently I have it optioned with 3.55 and it just has base wheels, I really don't like the base wheels but I was hoping I can keep them for winter and buy the 20" on eBay or here, Unfortunately I'm not finding any good deals on the 20s, most are 1600 to 2k on eBay, would it make sense to go back to base gears to save the 400 or so and pay the 1,100 for the 20s, I initially wanted the black PP 19s but people here have complained about difficulty in keeping them clean and the benefit with the 20s I can plasti dip them black if I wanted. I feel like the base wheels would be more readily available and maybe someone will sell them for 500 total. That would still keep me around 1600 total for wheels with 2 sets and knowing that my 20s are brand new.

Other 19 and 20" wheels out there are all expensive o me, the MR350s are nice but those retail for 1500 for just the wheels without tires.

I already made the decision to move from ecoboost to GT and never owned a v8, is the the 3.55 really going to make a difference or should I use its cost towards the wheels?

Thanks.
Damn for all that cash you coulda gotten a maxed out EB with wheels and turbo, FMIC, intake, DP, exhaust system... But I would def go for the 3.55 over stock differential. I hear 3.73 are a little short and 3.55's are perfect on the GT's.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

Thanks.
take off 20s are going for around 1200. just gotta know where to look. this one is going for 1000, 1100 shipped

NQxgDq0.jpg

OP
OP

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
Thanks, just submitted a request to join that Group.

Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
As an FYI - if you order 20" wheels you get additional bracing from the PP that you don't with the base wheels

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Damn for all that cash you coulda gotten a maxed out EB with wheels and turbo, FMIC, intake, DP, exhaust system... But I would def go for the 3.55 over stock differential. I hear 3.73 are a little short and 3.55's are perfect on the GT's.
Love my 3:73's !!!!!

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
GT

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium

Thanks.
I'm glad you decided to go with the GT. If you can afford it, I think it's the better choice for a number of reasons.

I would advise you to order the 20" wheels and the 3.55s. Then shop for some winter wheels and tires on tirerack.com.