Sponsored

Help me on this price offer please

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I'm looking at getting a black or orange 2016 GT PP (not premium) with no additional options.

Dealer #1..45 minutes from me. They're asking $32,826 for the orange, including a $750 customer cash, which I'm not sure if is a go or something I need to qualify for (IE, ford financing, etc). The same dealer has an identical model in black with a "call for price", but I'm guessing it's close to the price on the orange.

Dealer #2...2 hours from me the opposite direction. I've been in communication with them, and they have a black GT PP listed at $31,745. This dealer has been annoying to communicate with, to say the least. I don't even need to go into it, but we haven't even negotiated a price from that point and I'm already debating not contacting them again because of the way they've acted (or NOT acted, I suppose).

I've got pre-approved financing for $33,300. I need that to be the out-the-door price, including sales tax, etc. I might be able to get approved for more, but this is what I have for the moment. I'm not trading my current vehicle. Dealer #2 quoted me $34,261 out the door. I hate negotiating. My wife (more of a negotiator, but not gonna be on the title) suggested I show up and tell them $33,300 is what I have and all I can give them. My banker suggested taking the check made out to them with me, and in most cases they'll take that deal.

I'm still not 100% on the black. I love a black on black vehicle. It looks stealthy and sleek, but it's harder to keep looking clean and I'm not that guy who washes his car every week religiously...and I do really like the orange.

At dealer #1 I can see them side by side. Dealer #1, though, is 1k higher on the price for the orange. I feel like dealer #2 would be easier to get to agree on $33,300, but I really just don't know. I have X plan available as well, but it looks like both dealers are already below that anyway.

I'm not sure what to do. Would it be unrealistic for me to get dealer #1 to come down off the $32,826 and go all-in+taxes+fees at my $33,300? I see prices people paid are all over the place, and being late in the model year period I think the price should be down a bit. I wish there was more around, but I can barely find a GT PP without premium at all, much less two at the same dealer. Seems like the dealers are all loaded up with eco boosts and that's about it.
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Go to dealer one with your check and tell them you have exactly 33300 and you will leave with either one. I highly doubt that they will balk at it.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Offer 31500 otd and show up with that check. I have to believe they have more room to move than 33k

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Go to dealer one with your check and tell them you have exactly 33300 and you will leave with either one. I highly doubt that they will balk at it.
This. Tell them this is what I have and walk out. They will come get you.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Lots more room in those cars, invoice (less the $750) is around 30,300. I would not pay over invoice for a '16 at this point.

Sponsored

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
I picked up my premium PP GT for 34.5. They have room to move on those cars.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Thanks for all the replies. I was making arrangements to get my check and go to dealer 1 on Saturday when yet another person from dealer 2 called, and he wanted to sell a car. I guess ignoring them helped a bit. He got me in at 30,995 and beat my prefinance rate by 2%. So, I put a hold deposit on a black PP. It's surreal to think that in a couple days I'll probably have my realistically attainable dream car. It's gonna be a long 48 hours before we drive up there to seal the deal.

And, of course, my Tacoma bled differential fluid on the driveway yesterday..lol
Sponsored