mustang3055

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Had this bad boy for 4 years and never given me serious problems,

Last night I when I got in my car the break pedal was hard to the point where I could not press it down to press the start button, since the break pedal was stuck the only thing the car could do is start the battery but the not actual engine

That has never happened to me before, eventually I tried to start the car using the remote start with the key fob and the car turned on fine

Once on the car was on the breaks worked fine and no weird lights came up in the light box, I thought it was just a one time occurance but this morning it happened again!!

The break is stuck on start but the car turns on using the remote start with the key

It also seems to only happened when the car is off for more than 1 hour

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Any idea how to fix it or how much it will cost to fix on the dealership
Sponsored

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Had this bad boy for 4 years and never given me serious problems,

Last night I when I got in my car the break was hard to the point where I could not press it down to press the start button, since the break was stuck the only thing the car could do is start the battery but the not actual engine

That has never happened to me before, eventually I tried to start the car using the remote start with the key fob and the car turned on fine

Once on the car was on the breaks worked fine and no weird lights came up in the light box, I thought it was just a one time occurance but this morning it happened again!!

The break is stuck on start but the car turns on using the remote start with the key

It also seems to only happened when the car is off for more than 1 hour

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? Any idea how to fix it or how much it will cost to fix on the dealership
Are you trying to say the brake pedal was stuck?

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
I believe that’s normal. When the car is off, sometimes you cannot fully depress brake pedal all the way down and it feels like it stucks. But If you hit start button, it should still start the engine and brake pedal now can be depressed all the way.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I believe that’s normal. When the car is off, sometimes you cannot fully depress brake pedal all the way down and it feels like it stucks. But If you hit start button, it should still start the engine and brake pedal now can be depressed all the way.
Check the brake switch. If it is disconnected or broken the car will not start.

Sponsored

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
Check the brake switch. If it is disconnected or broken the car will not start.
Brake switch? Where is it located? I don’t have problem with starting the car, the brake pedal cannot fully be depressed as OP describes

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Sounds like a leaking brake booster check valve or leaking brake booster.

Vacuum in the system is supposed to be held for emergency braking in the event that the engine stalls. The system should normally hold vacuum overnight.

I would get it looked at immediately.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I had the same problem for three years. I, and the dealer, tried everything including all suggestions above. Finally opened a ticket with Ford, their solution was to replace the entire brake pedal assembly. Guess what? Has never done it again in several months. It used to do it several times a week. Good luck!

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Sounds like a leaking brake booster check valve or leaking brake booster.

Vacuum in the system is supposed to be held for emergency braking in the event that the engine stalls. The system should normally hold vacuum overnight.

I would get it looked at immediately.
Search on here for my past threads, had several about this problem, attempted fixes, etc.
Sponsored