Pirelli tires now on PP1 mustangs?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I always heard Pirelli were a top class tire. I guess not.
Sponsored

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
This is the way. Although ideally you won't use your Mustang in the winter at all, if you want to play the old man card.

HOWEVER, there is a specific use case where high quality all seasons make sense. If you don't have another set of wheels, or have a *climate controlled* place to store your summer set, the tires will succumb to damage over the course of the winter from sitting. So if your wife or GF isn't cool with wheels in the living room, and you don't have a basement, sucks to be you.
I have never had a problem storing extra wheels and tires in my garage.

That said - they were not Cup2s.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
They are excellent tires which is why so many high end manufactures use them. It's just the ones they spec'ed for the Mustang were just not that good.
Well, they're probably coming with my car.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
And hopefully one of the better compounds...

I have Lambo compound PZero rears and found them to be very good.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Dunno why the hate for Pirelli. Guess Mustang peeps know something that the engineers of Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Lamborghini, McLaren, Pagani and many other makes don't.
The 220 tw P Zero that have always come on the performance packages are trash for the very reason that every set I've had (3) they always get knots in the sidewall. The last batch it was so bad that it split while the car was sitting and flattened the tire. I've never smacked a curb or shit like that. It's simply a P Zero issue. I've found the same issue on Ferrari, Porsche and other forums. That's why there is hate. The tire itself is grippy but the sidewall strength is garbage.
Sponsored