Sponsored

Pilot Sport 4S to Pilot Sport AS

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
My first winter I left the Corsa 4s on my HPP and never drove it when it got below 45. Then I started resenting the fact Iā€˜ve waited since ā€˜79 to get a Mustang only to park it for five months out of the year.

This fall I put on Continental DWS 06 Plus 275/40/19 and yes thereā€™s a difference between these tires and the Corsa 4s, but as Atlas1 said, the Continentals didnā€™t turn my Mustang into an Odyssey. I got them in 275 instead of 265 of the Pirellis, with the idea a slightly wider tire might help with handling.

Iā€™ve driven the Continentals in below freezing and moderate rain and have been pleased. No snow yet.
Update:

Salt Lake's snowfall this last winter exceeded 80 inches for the first time in 27 years. My Continental DWS 06 Plus 275/40/19s handled up to three inches of snow with zero difficulty.

Now I drove like a grandpa, I will admit, but at least I got to drive it in the winter which was impossible with the OEM Corsa 4s. In the summer they handle well, not Corsa 4 level, but good enough for me to enjoy spirited canyon driving in S+ mode.