Sponsored

Picking up my first brand new Mustang! UPDATE with pics

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
After dropping this kind of money on a car, ill be careful. Im no stranger to a quick car, just a stranger to a mustang...
Same here. I've had mine for 2 months, and haven't turned off the traction control. I want to know my car pretty well before turning it off. I don't want to be *that guy* and mustang off the pavement. 😅

Now, that "hill start assist"... That works through the brakes, and with the GT PP Brembos it's pretty heavy-handed. The day I realized I had that feature was the day I turned it off.

...Though hills might not be an issue in Florida. 😜
Sponsored

Last edited:

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Congrats. I too went from Ram to GT. Make sure they don't drill holes in your front bumper.
Serious question, how likely are you to get a fix it ticket in Texas for not running a front plate?

Modulom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pascal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 PP1, Ford Edge 2008 SEL
Hi all. On Saturday I am flying to NC to pick up my first Mustang. A brand new 2020 GT Premium.

Is there anything I should be looking for/asking the dealer to have or do? I just got rid of a Ram, and this is my first Mustang. Any help/pointers would be appreciated

Its a 2020 GT Premium 6 speed with the Performance Pack

Edit: because everyone wants pics, here ya go. I got it to South Florida through the downpours without crashing it, or getting any tickets!!!! I’m In love!!

5D72F138-0813-4CF7-9862-5A5990091C23.jpeg
Nice color! you need to put the roof black and paint black all the chrome on the car,

sanair 17-8-2019-36.jpg

Buffalo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I told the dealer not to touch the vehicle off the delivery because I took it to have it ceramic coated and paint protection film put on. But then I had to remind them to take the vehicle off the transport setting so it could be driven. With that long drive you could look for a shop in NC that will put a temporary protection film on the front so you don’t arrive home with a bunch of chips in the paint. You will have a grin every time you get behind the wheel. Enjoy.

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
Hi all. On Saturday I am flying to NC to pick up my first Mustang. A brand new 2020 GT Premium.

Is there anything I should be looking for/asking the dealer to have or do? I just got rid of a Ram, and this is my first Mustang. Any help/pointers would be appreciated

Its a 2020 GT Premium 6 speed with the Performance Pack

Edit: because everyone wants pics, here ya go. I got it to South Florida through the downpours without crashing it, or getting any tickets!!!! I’m In love!!

5D72F138-0813-4CF7-9862-5A5990091C23.jpeg
Great choice of colour, ordered the same on Jan 4th, hoping to get it by mid August according to last email from Ford. Long wait....

Sponsored

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
Congrats & Welcome to the Twister Orange club...Now the fun begins....I recently took delivery a couple weeks ago and haven't stopped smilin' since.
November 20 delivery - Me either

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
Same here. I've had mine for 2 months, and haven't turned off the traction control. I want to know my car pretty well before turning it off. I don't want to be *that guy* and mustang off the pavement. 😅

Now, that "hill start assist"... That works through the brakes, and with the GT PP Brembo's it's pretty heavy-handed. The day I realized I had that feature was the day I turned it off.

...Though hills might not be an issue in Florida. 😜
LMAO no hills here, especially in South Florida. But I did also turn it off

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Nice color! you need to put the roof black and paint black all the chrome on the car,

sanair 17-8-2019-36.jpg
Haha, no way!!! I like the orange roof, and was even browsing through the aftermarket sites, because I'm not 100% sold on the black wheels.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
*snip*
Made it!!!
Beautiful! That exact combo (but auto) was in on trade, sold 2 days later (tried to get it myself but was too slow). Love the bright orange with the PP1 stuff.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMAO no hills here, especially in South Florida. But I did also turn it off
I know, right? I used to live in one of the hilly places in Florida. I liked that it forced a few curves in the road. And kept my renters insurance down because, whatever else a hurricane could do, no storm surge was going to get to me, 235 ft above sea level.
I was 45 minutes from the highest point in Florida, which looked just like any other hill. 😅

And it really shouldn't have been a surprise; The highest point in FL is a couple hundred feet from the Alabama state line. 😆

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OP is Florida, where it's hot enough to matter that a black roof will absorb sunlight and heat the cabin. His AC will have enough to do, without a black roof!

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Great choice of colour, ordered the same on Jan 4th, hoping to get it by mid August according to last email from Ford. Long wait....
I ordered mine on 4/12/20 in Cardiff Nsw. It left Savannah Geogia 4/04 and has just stopped in Auckland Nz.

Im expecting to pick it up in Newcastle 29/5, so almost 6 months still could be.

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
Haha, no way!!! I like the orange roof, and was even browsing through the aftermarket sites, because I'm not 100% sold on the black wheels.
I agree, I don't like the black roof or the black out chrome, I like the very small amount of chrome badges.

For wheels, I tried a few different styles but I eventually ended up with satin black. Nothing else seemed to work right with the orange. Its a bright impact color, so the car takes center stage over the wheels. But that's all subjective, go with what you like! My second favorite wheel color was the dark bronze.

IMG_6924.jpg

STNBRZ_6GR7_2.jpg

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I know, right? I used to live in one of the hilly places in Florida. I liked that it forced a few curves in the road. And kept my renters insurance down because, whatever else a hurricane could do, no storm surge was going to get to me, 235 ft above sea level.
I was 45 minutes from the highest point in Florida, which looked just like any other hill. 😅

And it really shouldn't have been a surprise; The highest point in FL is a couple hundred feet from the Alabama state line. 😆
I am 6 feet above sea level...i wonder if this car floats...
Sponsored