Picking up my first brand new Mustang! UPDATE with pics

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
Hi all. On Saturday I am flying to NC to pick up my first Mustang. A brand new 2020 GT Premium.

Is there anything I should be looking for/asking the dealer to have or do? I just got rid of a Ram, and this is my first Mustang. Any help/pointers would be appreciated

Its a 2020 GT Premium 6 speed with the Performance Pack

Edit: because everyone wants pics, here ya go. I got it to South Florida through the downpours without crashing it, or getting any tickets!!!! I’m In love!!

5D72F138-0813-4CF7-9862-5A5990091C23.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Hi all. On Saturday I am flying to NC to pick up my first Mustang. A brand new 2020 GT Premium.

Is there anything I should be looking for/asking the dealer to have or do? I just got rid of a Ram, and this is my first Mustang. Any help/pointers would be appreciated

Congrats. I too went from Ram to GT. Make sure they don't drill holes in your front bumper.

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Congrats. I too went from Ram to GT. Make sure they don't drill holes in your front bumper.
I just scrambled to my phone to check the online ad.....no holes. Good point tho, I have actually havent seen the car in person yet. But I am preparing an e-mail to the dealer today and this will be in it. Thanks!

And congrats on ditching the Chrysler

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there is, a way to get the grin off your face. This is a similar experience I had this past year.......... and it keeps on giving ...

Enjoy

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats!

Tip:
Make sure before you sign any final paperwork that you look the car over. Do it in daylight OR if it's cloudy, rainy or dark request them to pull it into one of their bays and look over the entire car top to bottom for ANY issues.

If it's your first Mustang - learn it before hot dogging it... Mustangs (any year) are easy to break loose and if too loose, you'll find the ass end in front of you before you know it...

Sponsored

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Congratulations! Man is that going to be fun to go and get it. Post some pictures when you get it home please!

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Congrats!

Tip:
Make sure before you sign any final paperwork that you look the car over. Do it in daylight OR if it's cloudy, rainy or dark request them to pull it into one of their bays and look over the entire car top to bottom for ANY issues.

If it's your first Mustang - learn it before hot dogging it... Mustangs (any year) are easy to break loose and if too loose, you'll find the ass end in front of you before you know it...
After dropping this kind of money on a car, ill be careful. Im no stranger to a quick car, just a stranger to a mustang...

circatee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Circatee
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT Premium Fastback
Congrats!

Tip:

"You'll find the ass end in front of you before you know it..." So true!

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Do a quick early oil change to get the grit out of the motor(2-500 miles) , always leave the traction control on, and save up for some tire money. These are amazing cars!

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Do a quick early oil change to get the grit out of the motor(2-500 miles) , always leave the traction control on, and save up for some tire money. These are amazing cars!
Good call, I have a 700+ mile ride back to South Florida, so that will work

Sponsored

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Congrats! You didn't tell us much about the car so this is a generic response. Make sure the dealer goes over all the systems with you before you leave. I know you just want to drive away but learning while trying to drive is not a good idea. Make sure that you have the owners manual, as well as everything that's on the window sticker or dealer additions like tinted windows or nitrogen in the tires. Open everything and have them go over your maintenance responsibilities so you know where to check. Sync your cell and make sure that they activate your Sirius radio service. Most of all take your time getting to know your car and try to attend a track event or attend a school so you can enjoy your car to its fullest. Be blessed.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Congratulations!!! This is a great forum to ask questions and learn things about your car. I agree don't let them drill holes in your front bumper or slap the Dealership name on your trunk.

OP
OP
libtrucker

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations!!! This is a great forum to ask questions and learn things about your car. I agree don't let them drill holes in your front bumper or slap the Dealership name on your trunk.
I actually don't mind having the dealer name on it, as long as its not some huge plastic badge. I always found that interesting on older cars. Maybe if I have this thing for a long time it'll be a nice story on how I got the car.

I actually had a 1981 Chevy K20 that had a sticker for a Chevy dealer in Montana, when I put a new bed/tailgate and paint on, I had the sticker re-made at a vinyl shop and put it back on.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Check over the hood and fenders for aluminium corrosion. Look on the underside of the hood too. They corrode really fast these aluminium panels.