Picked up my Grabber Blue GT

kiwipony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual Grabber Blue
Great pics, I'm thinking its the best colour, fair to say I'm a bit bias. That said I haven't seen a colour I dislike. It's a colour people love or hate by the postings I've read. I just cant wait to see it for the first time in person, white over the top stripes makes it. Have a look at Grabber Blue Mustang Registry.com. A club within a club with over 1,000 members, & check out the merchandise, I've got to have one of the t-shirts with the white stripes, almost time to be the weirdo with the big grin on my face wearing a top of my car. I just need a photo of my car to join, just dam hurry up and get here.
Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
That said I haven't seen a colour I dislike.
Very true, I'm a big fan of a nice blue but I also considered both whites, magnetic and black. If Comp Orange was still available it would've been high on the list as well. I think Grabber Blue is going to be a very common colour.

As to stripes, I need to see it in person before I decide. I haven't decided to stripe or not but I have thought about it and am torn between white or black as I think either will work. Seeing the shade in person I'm hoping will help decide.

OP
OP
Josh_TypeX

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Very true, I'm a big fan of a nice blue but I also considered both whites, magnetic and black. If Comp Orange was still available it would've been high on the list as well. I think Grabber Blue is going to be a very common colour.

As to stripes, I need to see it in person before I decide. I haven't decided to stripe or not but I have thought about it and am torn between white or black as I think either will work. Seeing the shade in person I'm hoping will help decide.
Comp orange was what I had on order originally. Changed to grabber blue to secure a MY17 and because the colour was growing on me.

I have been thinking black roof or black stripes, and the white stripes have been growing on me more and more as I see them more. But seeing the car in person I don't feel like it actually needs anything. But we will see.

kiwipony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
If Comp Orange was still available it would've been high on the list as well. I think Grabber Blue is going to be a very common colour.
I'm not so sure as the colour is a look at me one, I'd love to know order numbers, may end up as a short run like CO. Local dealer has just got in one of the last CO made, I'd pay extra for this colour, it looks dam fine.

As to stripes, I need to see it in person before I decide. I haven't decided to stripe or not but I have thought about it and am torn between white or black as I think either will work.
I think grabber blue needs stripes, I'll post some pics when I get the car.

Last edited:

kiwipony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue fun facts - credit to The Great Gazoo whose post I've copied this info from:

- Was initially introduced in 1969 as an exclusive colour for Shelby Mustangs (all Grabber colours were that year). The Grabber colours were such a hit Ford put them in "regular" production cars in 1970.
- Grabber Blue was available up to and including the 1972 model year
- Resurfaced as Light Grabber Blue (also referred to as Bright Blue) in 1974 for the Mustang II introduction.
Grabber was dropped as a colour reference in 1975.
- Brought back in 2010 and 2017 by popular demand!
- Grabber Blue used on a special edition Torino with three other colours - the Torino Type N/W and was called Pacific Blue.
- Grabber colours in Mercury marketing language was called Competition colours. So Competition Orange on a Cougar was actually Grabber Orange on a Mustang but exactly the same.

Sponsored

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
Grabber blue is one of my favourite colours

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
17' Ford Mustang GT Convertible Grabber Blue
Awesome colour and spec! I ordered as soon as they opened the Grabber Blue orders in April and still waiting for NSC. I was in the U.S. in august and saw Grabber Blue in a Las Vegas dealership and will definitely be getting black over the top stripes for my GB GT convertible :)
Also the CTB side stripes from NZ look awesome on Grabber Blue, along with some VMB9's from Velgen... and the black 5.0 badges... and the roush axle back exhaust... just waiting for the product to apply it all to haha. Congrats mate on a great choice you'll never regret

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
The ducks nuts, bloody awesome, enjoy

ozracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0
saw quite a few in the US last month absolutely great colour looks better in the flesh to be honest

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
This must be the first batch of Grabber Blue S550s in Australia; I am envious. Can't wait to see one in real life as I am getting grief for my colour choice. The dealer plate surrounds are a nice touch. Thanks for posting.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
looks great, but it seems you are a pretty tall fellow, how do you find it sitting in the car?

OP
OP
Josh_TypeX

Josh_TypeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Don't get me started on the plates... I bought lakin plate brackets and covers, $300 worth. Told the dealer not to fit plates in 2 phone calls and 2 emails. Get there to pick it up and they had fitted the plates, screwed straight into the bumper.

I am 6'3" and have no issue fitting in the car. Very comfortable place to be. But there is only an inch or 2 between the back of my seat and the rear seat so definitely no passenger there.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Don't get me started on the plates... I bought lakin plate brackets and covers, $300 worth. Told the dealer not to fit plates in 2 phone calls and 2 emails. Get there to pick it up and they had fitted the plates, screwed straight into the bumper.
This is becoming quite common.

:doh::doh::doh:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Don't get me started on the plates... I bought lakin plate brackets and covers, $300 worth. Told the dealer not to fit plates in 2 phone calls and 2 emails.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. You should hit them up for a refund of the $300 at least, especially if you had it listed on the contract.
Sponsored