Sponsored

Pick One:. Active Exhaust or Magneride

Which would you specif you could only get one?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Homebrw

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR,18 EB Vert,12 GT500 Vert, 05 V6 Vert
Now as Tom Petty says: "The waaaaaiting is the hardest part.". I'd love a 3-4 month delivery but I'll wait till October if necessary.

Thanks again for all the feedback. We can consider the matter closed
Sponsored

SilverGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Odyssey, TL
Hopefully at this point it’s not too much of a derail, but can anybody tell me exactly and concisely what advantage Magneride offers on a street-driven GT? For giggles let’s envision a 35 mile stretch of good but curvy mountain road between two small north Georgia towns, and throw in normal everyday traffic.

By the way, I should point out that AE can be enjoyed immensely on a 2 mile speed limit drive to the grocery store.
For me, there are two very distinct advantages for MagneRide on street cars: 1) MagneRide is more comfortable in the Normal mode, and it's more flat and stable in any mode. It provides a much smoother ride, especially on the highway (back in the day, I couldn't believe how "fresh" I felt after a long day of driving a Corvette on long road trips). Additionally, in the few times that I've driven the regular passive suspension in other Mustangs, I've noticed something that I'd call "choppiness" that is just plain tiring to experience. 2) The drive modes offer instantaneous adjustment. Sometimes, I want to just mindlessly pile up the miles. Sometimes I want to feel every crack. It's very easy to hit the drive mode button to make either happen.

OP
OP
Homebrw

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Great feedback^^. Thanks

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I will never buy another new Mustang without both. I would scrap the silver wheels if I had to get both. Heck I'd probably run cloth seats.

That being said, yes you can change the exhaust later and some people even sell variable exhaust options (or at least they used to). So if you must pick one I'd take Magneride for that reason. However, if being able to setup the quiet mode is more important than Magneride get the exhaust.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
You hear the exhaust quite well in a convertible, and as you've already done, you know you can easily and relatively cheaply swap out an aftermarket unit. Magneride will make the car much more livable for those days that you don't need or want the stiff PP ride, and it's not easily replicated in the aftermarket.

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Funny, read your first post OP, and immediately thought, I’m not voting - because the answer for you, is both.
Glad to see you went that direction.
I have Magnaride and love it, but really wish I had AE. I would definitely do both if I was to do it over again.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I wanted Magnaride, but it wasn't spec'd on the car they had available. With the current market, I felt it was an option I could live without. SOOO glad mine has the active exhaust...she's pretty loud at 5am and shook the house after the H-Pipe was installed. Figured out the quiet hours feature pretty quick! LOL

OP
OP
Homebrw

Homebrw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Hi. Which H pipe did you go with @joe603 ?

wusthof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt vert
All I've heard about the magneride is that unless you're in the twisties a lot, and pushing hard, it's not worth it. For a DD, the standard suspension is fine. Active exhaust ftw because it sounds so fking good for an oem piece! My .02
Sponsored