Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Looks fantastic. :like:

You're going to need a pair of these though, since the OEM fender badge looks really off with those new rocker stripes.

fp badge.jpg
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Having Pete do your car is extremely special. I have spoken to Pete on numerous occasions but never about cars. I agree the GT350 emblem that came with the car is redundant and would like to see it removed

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Looks fantastic. :like:

You're going to need a pair of these though, since the OEM fender badge looks really off with those new rocker stripes.

fp badge.jpg
Might be on to something. Ideally I would just remove the emblem all together if there wouldn’t be holes. So these are just stick ons and would cover the holes?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yes, those are stick-ons. I believe there are holes that would need to be covered, or done away with entirely if there was the desire for more paint and bodywork.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Might be on to something. Ideally I would just remove the emblem all together if there wouldn’t be holes. So these are just stick ons and would cover the holes?
While it's in the body shop, can they fill the wholes, and re-spray that part of the fenders since they still need to clear them?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
While it's in the body shop, can they fill the wholes, and re-spray that part of the fenders since they still need to clear them?
Am interested because multiple shops have told me the entire panel has to be repainted after filling the holes. I don't really understand why that is, particularly for non-metallics.

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Filling holes and respraying would be a little late in the game at this point as the car is pretty much done. It is in the reassemble phase. How big are these holes? Would those alternate emblems cover them even if they were just stuck on and covered the holes? Would there be an issue down the road with that? If the plan originally going in was to fill the holes, I honestly would have just left it without any badges.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No need to fill the holes, those emblems pictured with 3M emblem tape will do the job just fine.
You need to fill the holes if you don't want any emblems there.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Leave the GT350 badges unless Pete said they need to go. Since it doesn't appear he said they were an issue and he moved the stripe nomenclature back on purpose; he has addressed it. I personally do not like those cheap looking Ford Performance stick-ons.

Sponsored
OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Leave the GT350 badges unless Pete said they need to go. Since it doesn't appear he said they were an issue and he moved the stripe nomenclature back on purpose; he has addressed it. I personally do not like those cheap looking Ford Performance stick-ons.
I’d run anything by him first for sure. We did discuss the emblems before all of this started. He felt that they were important to have on there. I discussed removing them all together as I was willing to do that before we got started.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Excellent. Everything so far is beyond expectations and I would hate to see you listen to anyone but yourself and him. You are at the finish line.

OP
OP
slingblade

slingblade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
Excellent. Everything so far is beyond expectations and I would hate to see you listen to anyone but yourself and him. You are at the finish line.
Everything has been pretty much his call. I basically said do it however you would do it, if Ford gave you this car. I think he has appreciated that. Sounds like even Ford didn’t give him that chance on the original one in 1965.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Aside from all of the terrific work and changes that Pete is making with respect to the painted OTT and Side stripes I suggest that you leave the GT350 badges as is.

By removing the GT350 badges and then either filling the holes and/or putting other sticky badges over top just does not seem in the spirit of this car.

Now if Pete suggests that would be a good idea then that might be a different story altogether.

Looking terrific and can't wait for the final outcome!