mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
In case anyone's looking for updates: after a more heated exchange than I would have liked with RAV, they're looking into compensating me for shipment cost etc.

For the record, I'm usually a fan of "you get more flies with a drop of honey than a gallon of gall." However Ford these days seems like a completely mixed bag. My regional CSR had been such a help, and even some of the dealer reps. But literally everyone else has been a struggle to deal with.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I see some of the points here but I don't even really want a "discount" at all, if you want to call it that. I want the car that I paid for working right. Ford failed on the warranty front. I'm not stoked on taking a loss for an equivalent car because Ford messed up, not me. That's what the lemon law is there for.
I was right there with you. I wanted the car I paid for/intended to buy all along. Sucked that we have to go through extra hoops to get that, but hopefully Ford will make it right with you in the end. Even though it will have taken you way more time and frustration to get there than it should have.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
My regional CSR had been such a help, and even some of the dealer reps. But literally everyone else has been a struggle to deal with.
RAV was slow and I had to repeat my issues several times to several different people when dealing with them, but ultimately I would advise patience and kindness with them. It's a big slow process.

I spent about half a year dealing with it, partially due to asking for them to build me the replacement.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
RAV was slow and I had to repeat my issues several times to several different people when dealing with them, but ultimately I would advise patience and kindness with them. It's a big slow process.

I spent about half a year dealing with it, partially due to asking for them to build me the replacement.
I told them myself that I try to be patient and kind, but sometimes they test the limits of both my patience and kindness, the latter being quite a high limit.

Either way thanks for the encouragement. :)

Still I believe Ford needs to step up their game across the board. Really hoping their new CEO can turn them around.

OP
OP
mustangpegasus51

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Updates for anyone wondering:

I got a new representative with RAV on the 9th who has been way more responsive and helpful.

Basically, as far as getting a 2020 --

I couldn't custom order my config (as noted in the original post.)

• Dealer inventories are low, with most equivalent configs hundreds or thousands of miles away.

• Dealers are reluctant to do collateral swaps, and doing a dealer transfer as part of that is difficult unless the vehicle is within driving distance.

• Unless I find the perfect car locally, which seems to be hit or miss, a collateral swap is largely not worth it in covid-world where inventories are alarmingly low.

So my (realistic) options are --

• Wait for 2021 and do a collateral swap then after making an order.

• Take the offer and buy a 2020 Mustang or something else with new financing.

Currently I'm pushing for a draft of an offer packet; the above collateral swap scenario would be months away so I can take my time if I end up going that way.

Only concern so far is so many of the 2020's have been panel gap city. Should this be a deal-breaker when purchasing, or is it something I can get a reputable-enough body shop to fix after the fact? Thanks for any input!

Sponsored