Sponsored

Pedestrian hit and run soon a thing of the past.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FYI: Google has filed for a patent for adhesive to be applied to the front surface of cars so that pedestrians who are hit by said car will stick to it instead of also being thrown to the ground or other hard/sharp objects. So the run part of hit and run will no longer be possible.

And all this time, I thought the Rate Sucker ads by Progressive were staged when in reality they may have been excerpts from the adhesive testing videos.

[ame]
Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
from Google:

"...it must be acknowledged that, on occasion, collisions between a vehicle and a pedestrian still occur," Google said in its patent filing.

While the double-sided tape concept could mitigate some pedestrian injuries, the concept is far from ideal if it pinned a victim between the car and another object.

"Prospective product announcements should not necessarily be inferred from our patents," a Google spokeswoman said in a statement.

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
Maybe wouldn't keep you from running, but you'd leave with a hell of a hood ornament.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This will never work they'll have to build a cutoff for fuel or ignition. Think about it a person hits someone they're stuck to the hood so they drive off and into a canal and bail out. Dead men don't tell tales. I mean that would be the criminal mind set right

Sponsored

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
FYI: Google has filed for a patent for adhesive to be applied to the front surface of cars so that pedestrians who are hit by said car will stick to it instead of also being thrown to the ground or other hard/sharp objects. So the run part of hit and run will no longer be possible.

And all this time, I thought the Rate Sucker ads by Progressive were staged when in reality they may have been excerpts from the adhesive testing videos.

Is this real? I think the other point made that the people will stick to your car is probably a decent point.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is this real? I think the other point made that the people will stick to your car is probably a decent point.
The part about making people stick to cars that hit them is true. I was joking about the Progressive ad using the Google idea.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Maybe wouldn't keep you from running, but you'd leave with a hell of a hood ornament.
No kidding.

I predict if this becomes mandated that kids will make a game to see who can collect the most pedestrians with borrowed/stolen cars.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
There's no way that is real.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
There's no way that is real.
I should have taken bets but....

http://www.gizmag.com/google-patent-glue-pedestrians-cars-accident/43438/

You can't make this stuff up:

Another point to ponder is if this system would actually prove to be safer than its absence in all situations. If a car hits a pedestrian and then falls off a bridge, for example, there's a definite downside to being glued to the hood.
the all-important step of ensuring it's a "releasable adhesive so that the colliding object may be decoupled from the adhesive layer after a period of time." When that colliding object happens to be your face, you're going to want it back.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I don't plan on getting whacked by a vehicle because I pay attention to what I'm doing and where I'm going. But by some misfortune an idiot runs up on the sidewalk and gets me, at least when I'm stuck to the hood I could get a few shots off at the filthy son of a bitch.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't plan on getting whacked by a vehicle because I pay attention to what I'm doing and where I'm going. But by some misfortune an idiot runs up on the sidewalk and gets me, at least when I'm stuck to the hood I could get a few shots off at the filthy son of a bitch.
That's what I was thinking. And accuracy will be better with a two handed grip since we won't have to be holding on to the car with one hand.

Reactions: CB
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP