Sponsored

Pedal Commander Worth It?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Ok normal guy with a mustang, your opinion is gospel!
Instead of being defensive, maybe you should look into what we are talking about so you don’t come across as challenged.

There are many of us normal guys that know a hell of a lot more than you via education an/or experience. You act as if throttle modulation is something new. Anyone that has slapped a monster sized throttle body on a foxbody mustang will tell you what they think of reduced throttle modulation.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Roush Phase 2
Instead of being defensive, maybe you should look into what we are talking about so you don’t come across as challenged.

There are many of us normal guys that know a hell of a lot more than you via education an/or experience. You act as if throttle modulation is something new. Anyone that has slapped a monster sized throttle body on a foxbody mustang will tell you what they think of reduced throttle modulation.
I'm saying that because you're all acting high and mighty. Denying it doesn't make the throttle respond quicker, then indirectly admitting it does but not substantial enough to matter, and you've never used the product.

I can tell you modulation is not a problem with the car until i'm blue in the face, but you're continue to believe it's an on/off switch. You all come off as having big heads. If you came me and said, I've tried it and modulation is a problem, I've driven it on the track and it's causing me to oversteer too much when I step on the pedal regardless of what setting I'm in, I'd be more understanding.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm saying that because you're all acting high and mighty. Denying it doesn't make the throttle respond quicker, then indirectly admitting it does but not substantial enough to matter, and you've never used the product.
And you’re still not fully understanding what we are telling you. The throttle doesn’t respond quicker….it actuates more with less input. It cannot physically open faster without being able to change acceleration rates or voltage. And the end all is…it does not make any performance difference. Your car isn’t faster for it in any way shape or form.

I’m not arguing that it doesn’t do anything…or even that it doesn’t feel better (to you). I’m not arguing that it’s worthless.

I can tell you modulation is not a problem with the car until i'm blue in the face, but you're continue to believe it's an on/off switch. You all come off as having big heads. If you came me and said, I've tried it and modulation is a problem, I've driven it on the track and it's causing me to oversteer too much when I step on the pedal regardless of what setting I'm in, I'd be more understanding.
Man, you have to go back and read my posts, as you seem to have missed what I was saying.

Sponsored

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L

If giving your opinion is acting high and mighty then you are doing the very same thing you are bitching about. Honestly if something has a "benefit" but isn't measurable or is so small that the many many other variables in the equation can and will wash away said "benefit"... then it is of no net benefit. And if you are giving up usable throttle to make it this way, you could even argue that you are giving up performance not adding it.

Anyone who understands how this works can already tell you are more likely to oversteer through a corner when the situations demands low to mid throttle modulation and not full throttle if you have this product on your car. If you have this product you have lost that range in the throttle.

Why do I need to spend my hard earned money and test it when others have and I already know the result? Just because I haven't personally tested it doesn't mean my opinion is shit. On most things I would agree with you, you need to test it to know. This product is so simple you just don't need to. Like I said before, if there was a real measurable benefit this forum would be blowing up with recommendations to buy it. Most of us here try and help and identify good product and are happy to tell others about it. I know you think this is what you are doing. All that we ask is that you take a step back, learn the principles of the product, and fully understand it before you make a recommendation. Nobody is denying that you think the car feels faster, but you can't prove that it is faster... nobody else has either by the way... neither has the manufacturer.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The time between when you step on the pedal and when the engine actually responds.
I didn't see a tune listed in your build list but if there's a noticeable dead pause from the time the pedal's pressed to the time you hear your engine respond, then you might want to get that tuned out.

Even when I complained about the 81 mph kick down pause on mine, it's the kick down that's pausing and not the throttle. Since I've had a tune or tunes(s) installed, true lag has never occurred. I can always see practically a 1:1 relationship between the pedal and engine response.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If giving your opinion is acting high and mighty then you are doing the very same thing you are bitching about. Honestly if something has a "benefit" but isn't measurable or is so small that the many many other variables in the equation can and will wash away said "benefit"... then it is of no net benefit. And if you are giving up usable throttle to make it this way, you could even argue that you are giving up performance not adding it.

Anyone who understands how this works can already tell you are more likely to oversteer through a corner when the situations demands low to mid throttle modulation and not full throttle if you have this product on your car. If you have this product you have lost that range in the throttle.

Why do I need to spend my hard earned money and test it when others have and I already know the result? Just because I haven't personally tested it doesn't mean my opinion is shit. On most things I would agree with you, you need to test it to know. This product is so simple you just don't need to. Like I said before, if there was a real measurable benefit this forum would be blowing up with recommendations to buy it. Most of us here try and help and identify good product and are happy to tell others about it. I know you think this is what you are doing. All that we ask is that you take a step back, learn the principles of the product, and fully understand it before you make a recommendation. Nobody is denying that you think the car feels faster, but you can't prove that it is faster... nobody else has either by the way... neither has the manufacturer.
Again throttle is faster. You're confusing the car being faster with the throttle being faster. The manufacturer is saying the car doesn't make more power or torque, i.e. it's not faster. It shortens the reaction time of the pedal to the throttle, they do claim that's faster.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Again throttle is faster. You're confusing the car being faster with the throttle being faster. The manufacturer is saying the car doesn't make more power or torque, i.e. it's not faster. It shortens the reaction time of the pedal to the throttle, they do claim that's faster.
I am not confusing anything, that is the picture you are painting. Reread the posts, nobody is denying that the pedalmax opens the throttle faster than stock, but the driver can overcome this without a pedalmax.

Again you are drinking the Koolaid. You have to ask yourself faster than compared to what? Faster than compared to stock... sure ok I'll buy that as big of a stretch it is. Here is the point I think you are missing, the driver can do the same thing by pushing the pedal faster. Any driver can push the pedal from 0-30% just as fast as 0-100%, the difference is unmeasureable compared to actual performance output.

So yes if I push the throttle to the stock 30% position, the pedalmax changes the output to (picking a number for conversation's sake) say 80% at the stock 30% position. This is where the driver comes in on a stock pedal, all you have to do to be "as fast" is push the pedal to 80%. Any driver can do this in the same time it takes them to hit 30%.

This is why I have said this product just let's you be "lazy". All you need to do is push the pedal further and you get the same result, without sacrificing the low end of the throttle range.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not confusing anything, that is the picture you are painting. Reread the posts, nobody is denying that the pedalmax opens the throttle faster than stock, but the driver can overcome this without a pedalmax.

Again you are drinking the Koolaid. You have to ask yourself faster than compared to what? Faster than compared to stock... sure ok I'll buy that as big of a stretch it is. Here is the point I think you are missing, the driver can do the same thing by pushing the pedal faster. Any driver can push the pedal from 0-30% just as fast as 0-100%, the difference is unmeasureable compared to actual performance output.

So yes if I push the throttle to the stock 30% position, the pedalmax changes the output to (picking a number for conversation's sake) say 80% at the stock 30% position. This is where the driver comes in on a stock pedal, all you have to do to be "as fast" is push the pedal to 80%. Any driver can do this in the same time it takes them to hit 30%.

This is why I have said this product just let's you be "lazy". All you need to do is push the pedal further and you get the same result, without sacrificing the low end of the throttle range.
try to run a 1/2 mile as fast as a 1/4, all other things being equal.

Sponsored

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
try to run a 1/2 mile as fast as a 1/4, all other things being equal.
I don't think anyone knows the point you are trying to make with this statement. Care to elaborate?

Also... all things are not equal with the pedalmax, but the driver can compensate with no performance loss. Not sure why you keep hanging your hat on a statement that nobody understands. Please educate us all.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think anyone knows the point you are trying to make with this statement. Care to elaborate?

Also... all things are not equal with the pedalmax, but the driver can compensate with no performance loss. Not sure why you keep hanging your hat on a statement that nobody understands. Please educate us all.
I can reach any throttle position quicker with the pedal commander because I'm traveling a shorter distance on the pedal, so how would I be able to reproduce the pedalmax or pedal commander by pressing further?

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I can reach any throttle position quicker with the pedal commander because I'm traveling a shorter distance on the pedal, so how would I be able to reproduce the pedalmax or pedal commander by pressing further?
How does that relate to your 1/2 mile 1/4 mile statement? Do you understand the statement lol?

Not picking on you, but your last post tells me you don't understand how the product works, or maybe you do but you are not looking at the other side on this. The pedalmax essentially tricks the motor to thinking the pedal is pressed further. The driver can simply... press the pedal further to get the exact same results. If the pedalmax is at 30% (stock position) and let's say that equates to the voltage output of the equivalent of 80% stock throttle position... all the driver has to do is push the pedal to 80% and boom.... same exact output as the pedalmax at 30%. If you think there is a measurable difference on a driver pushing the pedal to 30% and 80%... sorry there are too many other variables that wash this tiny increment of time out and make it negligible.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I didn't see a tune listed in your build list but if there's a noticeable dead pause from the time the pedal's pressed to the time you hear your engine respond, then you might want to get that tuned out.
I will when the warranty runs out. I don't want to mess that up right now. And yes, it's definitely noticeable.
Sponsored