Paxton Build Dyno Results/Kit Review

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
[ame]

674hp/545tq

my baseline numbers from last year are included on the dyno sheet which was a pull with JLT intake and SCT tune. I gained almost 300 hp since my last dyno!

I've put about 1500 miles on the car since I installed the kit. Earlier this week, I took a road trip, about 1200 miles round trip, which saw A LOT of DC traffic. I can't say enough good things about the Paxton kit and Lund tune so far. Cruising around the car is incredibly smooth. Zero drivability issues. My gas mileage has decreased a little bit, but I still averaged 25mpg on the highway trip.

Installation was very simple. If you're like me and are worried about any trimming needed with this kit, it's very minimal, and incredibly easy, nothing to scare you off. I'd say it's a 3/10 for difficulty on the install. The most time consuming part is cutting and fitting the coolant and vacuum hoses. The instructions are pretty good, I didn't really need them for the most part. Only thing you'll need to pick up is a tool to tighten the stepless clamps. I bought one at Lowes for $10.

Performance wise, the power builds rapidly as the rpm's climb. I'm glad I kept the 3.31's! my car still has the stock clutch, 24k miles on it, and it's hurting. Anytime I make a pull, the clutch pedal starts to feel very spongy and takes a few shifts to get it to feel normal again. I would plan on doing a clutch upgrade. Luckily, Lethal Performance had that sale and I was able to snag up an RXT w/ flywheel. I'm probably going to get that in next week.

I went back and fourth for months with what I wanted to get between Procharger, Paxton or a PD blower. I'm 100% satisfied with my choice. I'm pretty sure I would've said that if I would've ordered any of the other kits, but for anyone who's considering a Paxton(Beefcake Special), I highly recommend it. :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Very nice! Love those Paxton's man. Congrats!

Crowderb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
Great numbers, mine is at Finish Line getting installed this week. I can't freaking wait.

Sponsored

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Excellent review and results! I'm looking forward to tackling my install once all parts are in. The kit itself hasn't shipped yet, so I'm hoping it does soon!

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
hell yeah dude that is awesome. did you get the fluttering fixed?

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
hell yeah dude that is awesome. did you get the fluttering fixed?
Still there, you can hear it in the video. I trimmed the length of the hose to the bov and found some instructions online on how to adjust it. It minimized it. I'm going to leave it for now.

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
For what it's worth mine flutters as well when I let off after making a run. I assumed it was normal. Guess now I have to figure out if and how I can fix it.

Last edited:

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
Still there, you can hear it in the video. I trimmed the length of the hose to the bov and found some instructions online on how to adjust it. It minimized it. I'm going to leave it for now.
For what it's worth mine flutters as well when I let off after making a run. I assumed it was normal. Guess now I have to figure out if and how I can fix it.

A little birdy told me you can try sticking a nitrous jet in the hose to help fix it :thumbsup:

or buy a tial from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] like me lol

Sponsored

Stevenjasmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB
A little birdy told me you can try sticking a nitrous jet in the hose to help fix it :thumbsup:

Just finished ordering the tial with green spring. Hopefully it will no longer flutter.

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0

I've got it to just a couple flutters, so for now I'm going to just leave it.

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i cut holes in the back of the bov and mine didnt flutter, but it was a simple experiment i did because i know i was going to a tial.

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
i cut holes in the back of the bov and mine didnt flutter, but it was a simple experiment i did because i know i was going to a tial.
I had thought about doing this. Is the Tial a direct bolt on?

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT