S550_Matt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium PP GT
Hi everyone,

Hoping to see if anyone else has had this issue. When closing the passenger side door, the window has a delay to close at the top 1/2in to "seal" the door. As well as when I am driving, parked, have the car on or off, the window will open and close slightly. I took the car to the Dealer last week and after waiting for 8 hours they "fixed" it, however its happening again. The car is less than 2 years old with 9k miles on it. :frusty: @FordService Please help.

Window Delay - [ame] (This when i first started, it has gotten worst.)

Window opening and closing on its own - [ame]

Thanks,
Matt
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Roll it all the way down and hold the button for 3 seconds. Roll it all the way up and hold it for 3 seconds.
The mustang windows have a force sensor that would retract window when it thinks something is stuck in the path.

OP
OP

S550_Matt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! is this something can be permantely fixed? Or every time it acts up thats what i have to do? [MENTION=19308]jasonstang[/MENTION]

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Thank you! is this something can be permantely fixed? Or every time it acts up thats what i have to do? [MENTION=19308]jasonstang[/MENTION]
The door should remember it. If it happens again, take it to the dealer.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Roll it all the way down and hold the button for 3 seconds. Roll it all the way up and hold it for 3 seconds.
The mustang windows have a force sensor that would retract window when it thinks something is stuck in the path.

Yep, this is how to get the window to "relearn". I suspect that's what the dealer did to "fix" it. However, you shouldn't have to do this regularly. If you are still experiencing the issues, I'd suggest there's a faulty component somewhere that the dealer will need to replace.

chrissn95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP
I just fix the same issue in my 2015, your window motor its broken. Note this is not your regular window motor with just to power cables going in and the window switch reversing polarity to go up and down like old cars, instead it has the two big power cables and five more "signal" wires going in. When you close or open the door the door latch sends a signal to the motor to do the "short drop" for the window seal.

chrissn95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The hold 3 seconds down and 3 seconds up is to re-initialize the window travel limits but for that to work you first need to de-initialize it by removing the fuse while the window its being operated

OP
OP

S550_Matt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Okay so it worked but its happening again. Sorry for the late response. Okay i am going to take it back to the dealer for the motor replacement. Thanks guys.

jke0114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red
Had my passenger window motor replaced. Good luck! hope it fixes the issue

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
so i am a little confused here. both my windows do the short drop then re close when the door is opened and/or closed. so consistent it seems like a thing it is suppose to do. is this different then what i am seeing here?

chrissn95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, thats how they are supposed to work, but the OP's passenger window is doing the short drop constantly and sometimes it stays in the short drop position even with the door properly shut. It is very annoying because you are driving down the highway and the window is constantly going up an down 1/2" while driving or even with the car off just parked.

stock888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone knows how to or have replaced there window motor on an s550? Mine is also doing this on the passenger side. Very annoying when on highway speeds.

K11yle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost premium convertible
Any solution on this? This also started happening to me. The few second, hold up/hold down doesnt work for me. I've seen a few people talking about disconnecting the fuse/battery while the window is operating. Will this cause any damage? Do they literally mean have someone using the window as someone else disconnects the battery cable? Thanks in advance

stock888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Any solution on this? This also started happening to me. The few second, hold up/hold down doesnt work for me. I've seen a few people talking about disconnecting the fuse/battery while the window is operating. Will this cause any damage? Do they literally mean have someone using the window as someone else disconnects the battery cable? Thanks in advance
Yes. You can try to pull the fuse to the window while window is automatically going up/down to reset. I just fixed this the only solution on my case is to replace the motor. Very easy job. Removing and not breaking the door panel clips is harder.
Sponsored