Sponsored

Parking Brake on Right Side Calliper Acting Up

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
1.jpeg

After manually moving this lever down with my hand, the subsequent parking brake application works fine. However, after releasing the parking brake, only on the right side calliper, this arm doesn't fully come down back to where it was (on the left side calliper, it does). And subsequent applications of the parking brake after that are not as strong.

Looking at the setup here, it's the spring who's job it is to return that lever arm down and it just doesn't have enough strength to do so.

I'm thinking about loosening the nut here to fix the issue but I really do see 2 major flaws in my whole analysis/guess of what's happening here so I haven't touched anything yet.

2.jpeg
Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I recently had the rear calipers replaced for the same reason. Not sure if they can be repaired. Keep us informed.

OP
OP
Ardy

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
I recently had the rear calipers replaced for the same reason. Not sure if they can be repaired. Keep us informed.
I sprayed the parking brake linkages with silicone lube and moved all the linkages around repeatedly.

The idea being that with less friction, the spring would be able to return that lever down completely.

Parking brake stays tight after every application now.

I only did this yesterday so it might not last. Will update in a few weeks.

OP
OP
Ardy

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Update for anyone reading this in the future: lube fixed it for about 3 weeks and then it went back to being broken. I ended up replacing calipers on both sides and now it's gone for good
Sponsored