Sponsored

PAintless Dent Removal question ...I have a"factory flaw".

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I was putting gas in my car and I noticed what kind of looks like a dent right where the rear 1/4 panel and bumper meet directly below th gas door. The car only has 380 miles on it and it's never been parked out of my sight. There is a smaller one on the other side. I have a Paintless Dent Repair guy coming to my house tomorrow after work....I was just wondering if there is access in that area. I looked at the bumper gap thread....I didn't see access through the tail light....so I was wondering if he could go through the wheel well. I know it's a factory flaw because there is no way anything could have "tapped" there. I even tested heights of everything in my garage...
Sponsored

Last edited:

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
PDI, not PDR, fyi.

FHGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I had one in a similar area they fixed before I took delivery. You can see it right above the really nice panel gap between the bumper and rear 1/4 panel (that was also adjusted). Not sure how they got to it but it didn't seem to be a problem.
IMG_2913.jpg

ROC1ROB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
if it were me, I'd take it back to the dealer. See what they'll do for you. Won't hurt and probably free.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if it were me, I'd take it back to the dealer. See what they'll do for you. Won't hurt and probably free.
Eh....$75-100 for my conscious is not a big deal. The dealers I bought from is 300 miles away!

Madigon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Warranty is bumper to bumper... including the bumpers. Any dealership will send photos to Ford asking for permission to repair. If Ford approves, it's done for free professionally with a dealer guarantee.

I'm having a minor paint dent that caused the paint to crack (1/8" wide 'bump') fixed tomorrow this way.

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the PDR from my Acura dealer come by my house and all is well again. He said it's an odd place for a ding, but he was able to get to it from inside the trunk, and it was gone in 15 minutes!

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Factory defect? Isn't "pre-dinged" a Ford car feature? :lol:

Yeah... mine also came with some dings from factory, so you are not alone in this lol

Let us know how it goes with your PDR guy and how he acceses that panel :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nicky Pass

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He was able to get full access by just peeling back the trunk carpet. It took him 15 minutes...tops! He said $50....I gave him $75. The dud came to my house....you can't be that! I have him in my phone as Dent Doctor Gus!

Sponsored

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
He was able to get full access by just peeling back the trunk carpet. It took him 15 minutes...tops! He said $50....I gave him $75. The dud came to my house....you can't be that! I have him in my phone as Dent Doctor Gus!
Nice to hear he got it fixed completely! :thumbsup:

PDR guys do magic and it is always good to have the number of one in your phone.

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Nice to hear he got it fixed completely! :thumbsup:

PDR guys do magic and it is always good to have the number of one in your phone.

Thanks for letting us know how he got access.
Sponsored