v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good solution for paint scratches?
Someone has managed to scratch my rear wing through the lacquer for an inch and to the metal in one small point at the end of the inch long scratch. I'm not confident about using a touch up paint myself in this area as it's not as simple as a stone chip down low at the front. Has anyone used chips away or similar for this type of thing? If so I'm all ears for recommendations. In the past I've used coloured t cut but I'm loathed to try it myself in an obvious area on a new car.
Sponsored

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
I have used Langka (from frost co uk ) successfully. You use it with the Ford touch up paint. As you have a single colour, not metallic, should sort it if you are patient !

Last edited:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I have used Langka (from frost co uk ) successfully. You use it with the Ford touch up paint. As you have a single colour, not metallic, should sort it if you are patient !
Good info [MENTION=24343]Langburger[/MENTION]

Does the touch up paint (Ford) go on 1st? Can you provide steps?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
If it's down to the metal, I'd run it to a body shop, it's gonna take way too many layers of paint for you to self fill the crack, they'll level it out, sand it, and respray it usually. Granted, it is only an inch, so can just build the paint up gradually, I've used paint for this, took me about 7 hours (with a touch up pen), id advise when using a touch up pen to get your own paint brush, small fine detail one, and then shake the touch up paint and place it on a kitchen tile (a spare one!) if you can, as that will stop paint soaking into it (can also use a plastic tub, and then paint on from that.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
If it's down to the metal, I'd run it to a body shop, it's gonna take way too many layers of paint for you to self fill the crack, they'll level it out, sand it, and respray it usually. Granted, it is only an inch, so can just build the paint up gradually, I've used paint for this, took me about 7 hours (with a touch up pen), id advise when using a touch up pen to get your own paint brush, small fine detail one, and then shake the touch up paint and place it on a kitchen tile (a spare one!) if you can, as that will stop paint soaking into it (can also use a plastic tub, and then paint on from that.
Good info. Already took it to a shop, not painting the whole hood as it's not that deep. I'm going to tackle this myself. Guess I will have to be very patient.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Good info. Already took it to a shop, not painting the whole hood as it's not that deep. I'm going to tackle this myself. Guess I will have to be very patient.
Yep just make sure you let the paint set fully first between layers, when the thickness is closing in on the level of the original paint, laquer it for the next coats until it's level, 2 coats worked on my Race Red 'stang to get it looking the same red.

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
I've used http://shinerepair.com to fix dents and scratches on my Mazda 3 before I returned. Very impressed.

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
Good info [MENTION=24343]Langburger[/MENTION]

Does the touch up paint (Ford) go on 1st? Can you provide steps?
i use a toothpick to "draw" the touch up paint into the "hole", so to speak, then let dry for a couple of hours, then layer again, rub with compound and repeat until happy
:D

I've used it on a black metallic merc, a white audi and the mustang , all satisfactory tbh patience and time is the key

Last edited: