Sponsored

Paint for engine cover

Lnesprido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Like many on here I wanted to paint the lettering on the engine cover/valve covers. I wanted to do it in the same color as the car, Ruby Red. What brand of paint has everyone used? I figured the touch up sticks would be to expensive and might not be the best option. What have you done/used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
In before the rattle can crowd says how you can't tell a difference from a professional job!!!:lol:

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I just sat down with my daughter yesterday to design what colors to use. I plan on using Dulicolor Engine Enamel with Ceramic™ spray paint. I don't know if high temp paint is required, better safe than sorry. This paint is good up to 500 degrees. Has great colors with the correct primer and clear coat.

I bough extra engine and valve covers to paint and will keep the originals as delivered from ford. I am looking for a local artist to spray a custom picture on the engine cover for me.

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
I just sat down with my daughter yesterday to design what colors to use. I plan on using Dulicolor Engine Enamel with Ceramic™ spray paint. I don't know if high temp paint is required, better safe than sorry. This paint is good up to 500 degrees. Has great colors with the correct primer and clear coat.

I bough extra engine and valve covers to paint and will keep the originals as delivered from ford. I am looking for a local artist to spray a custom picture on the engine cover for me.
Did you ever do this? Interested in seeing how this turned out.

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Paint guide

Check out this thread on the steps to take and paint to use.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54570

I used automotive touchup, they have the factory colors for a perfect match as well as the 2 part clear coat. Easy to use and perfect match.

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT