Sponsored

Paint Chipping on Rear Fenders - Advice Needed

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hello,

I have a ruby red ecoboost with about 18k on it. I have started to notice some pretty serious paint chipping in front on the rear wheel wells. I first noticed it a couple weeks ago and didn't think much of it, but now it's gotten worse. Attached is a pic of the drivers side.

Does anyone else out there have this problem? What can be done to correct this and what products to use? Please help!
IMG_0904.jpg
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Mud flaps to keep it at gate.
Dr. Colorchip to repair the damage.

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Much appreciated, I will give that a shot. I am pretty bummed about this I have never seen anything like this on a newer vehicle!

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
You got this much with the stock rims and tires? That that blows man.. You must drive on a lot of gravel roads.

Mudflaps will help but putting a clear bra on the panels will help the most.

OP
OP

MustangFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You got this much with the stock rims and tires? That that blows man.. You must drive on a lot of gravel roads.

Mudflaps will help but putting a clear bra on the panels will help the most.
Yes I couldn't believe it either. I've never driven on gravel. I am in Syracuse NY, the cars never seen salt but I guess our roads really are bad!

Are there any pre-cut clear bra products out there that I could put on myself? I've searched a little and can't come up with anything.

Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yes I couldn't believe it either. I've never driven on gravel. I am in Syracuse NY, the cars never seen salt but I guess our roads really are bad!

Are there any pre-cut clear bra products out there that I could put on myself? I've searched a little and can't come up with anything.
The problem is it's such a big area that you have to do a lot of covering.
Mud flaps are much more effective.

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
I've got the same issue. Damage occurred prior to adding the spacers so I know it will only get worse. Considering the ZL1 Add-on guards but much prefer the look without.....

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Mud flaps are the answer
The grit is coming off your front tyres especially when turning and flows along the body above the skirt
Where the rear wheel arch flares out the airflow gets interrupted and the grit hits the body between the door and the front of the rear wheel arch
A legacy of having wider rear wheels
Read the mud flaps threads here on the forum
Good luck

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I saw this starting to happen to my car at 4K miles. The sticky tires are tossing road debris back at the quarters and all along the rockers. I'm very, very happy with my ZL1 addons stone guards and am hoping that will keep my car from getting any worse.

Sponsored

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP

Post winter road rocks, sand, and gravel. im on LI and mine was all good until winter and it started.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Even without road salt and sand you still really need some kind of protection. I live in the south (no salt), and there's even roads I'll go out of my way to avoid because I know they have loose gravel. Heck, I've damn near stopped traffic before to go around dirt or gravel in the road. I still started getting what you've got. I'm hoping the stone guards will pay dividends. I highly recommend everyone get a set.

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
You sure those are all chips? Just the pattern and size looks like paint splatter. Go over any freshly painted road strips lately?
Sponsored