Paddle shifters disabled

OmahaEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I need some help diagnosing why my 15 ecoboost's paddle shifters quit working.

I had a small amp installed at a local stereo shop and after that the shifters quit. Not sure why or if they are even correlated.

So far I've unhooked the battery for 30 minutes and checked each fuse under the hood and in the passenger foot well. I've searched on the website for quite sometime but I can't seem to find anything.
Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I need some help diagnosing why my 15 ecoboost's paddle shifters quit working.

I had a small amp installed at a local stereo shop and after that the shifters quit. Not sure why or if they are even correlated.

So far I've unhooked the battery for 30 minutes and checked each fuse under the hood and in the passenger foot well. I've searched on the website for quite sometime but I can't seem to find anything.
Neither paddle (left or right) works? That probably eliminates the paddles themselves.
Maybe try at a range of speeds and gears, both up and down. Do the horn/cruise control/steering wheel radio controls work?

Did you try in both drive and sport mode? Maybe try with various nannys turned off?
When you hit the paddle shifter, does the current gear get displayed?

OP
OP

OmahaEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I have tried at a number of speeds just sort of mindlessly clicking the paddles from time to time. No gear displayed. Sport and Drive both same thing, just nothing at all. All other functions on steering are functional, very peculiar. I think I'll have to call up the Ford dealer in town to get them to look at it

Racerxm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt/Saleen S302 Yellow Label
What was the fix??!! Mine have quit they are holding me hostage at this post. Cars been to dealer, tuner has got no answers and my mechanic is lost. Any help much appreciated

OP
OP

OmahaEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
No solution yet. I pulled every fuse. Checked for lose wires, unplugged the battery for few hours too

Sponsored

Racerxm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
Ugh mine have stopped working twice before but they always randomly came back and they quit because either the dealer flashed it or a new tune revision was loaded. This time not so lucky I've even swapped the steering wheel and a brand new clock spring. Im at a complete loss. You taken it to a dealer by chance??

Racerxm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
So I finally found the problem! Bad pin in a connector behind the glove box. Im guessing if they went through firewall on passenger side with your power wire for the amp they could have caused the same issue for you. Overlayed the connector (Ford wouldn't sell a pin they wanted to sell me a whole new connector) with a wire to bypass and good to go!

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
So I finally found the problem! Bad pin in a connector behind the glove box. Im guessing if they went through firewall on passenger side with your power wire for the amp they could have caused the same issue for you. Overlayed the connector (Ford wouldn't sell a pin they wanted to sell me a whole new connector) with a wire to bypass and good to go!
Thanks for the update. Glad you found the problem.

Juergenc16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juergen
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang eco boost
Brother if you are still active, the same thing happened to me after installing a subwoofer. Please if you can reach out to me at 9293914032 or ig @juergenchappelle.
Sponsored