Sponsored

OXFORD WHITE S550 MUSTANG Thread

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
I got a question for you guys. I'm getting a 20 GT500 and I was thinking about getting oxford white. Do you guys notice a slight difference in the color between the painted plastic parts and the rest of the car? My 10 GT500 was white and depending upon the light you could see the difference. Especially you 18/19 owners. Thanks. (My white GT500)
2010 GT500.png

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I installed the Ford-painted side pods on my 2015. Paint match was not a problem.

CVCashmere

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I got a question for you guys. I'm getting a 20 GT500 and I was thinking about getting oxford white. Do you guys notice a slight difference in the color between the painted plastic parts and the rest of the car? My 10 GT500 was white and depending upon the light you could see the difference. Especially you 18/19 owners. Thanks. (My white GT500)
2010 GT500.png
The parts you are talking about often don't exactly match on any of the colors. They are painted separately with a different batch of paint and even different formula due to flex agents. The lighter the color the more humans can notice a difference. My Oxford white bumpers, mirrors, hood vents did not match perfectly. About half I mentioned it to could not see the difference. But when I had my over the top stripes painted on and had a spoiler and strut brace painted Oxford, I had them reshoot the bumpers. Was not much extra because they already had to sand the factory clear to paint the stripes and re-clear, and already had a gun filled with Oxford so they just shot another coat of Oxford on the bumpers before the stripes.

Visit some dealers and see how many you can see a difference. If you see a difference with some, you'll get an idea of the percent. Your eyes are what matter.

Great pic of our 2016 Mustang.jpg

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The parts you are talking about often don't exactly match on any of the colors. They are painted separately with a different batch of paint and even different formula due to flex agents. The lighter the color the more humans can notice a difference. My Oxford white bumpers, mirrors, hood vents did not match perfectly. About half I mentioned it to could not see the difference. But when I had my over the top stripes painted on and had a spoiler and strut brace painted Oxford, I had them reshoot the bumpers. Was not much extra because they already had to sand the factory clear to paint the stripes and re-clear, and already had a gun filled with Oxford so they just shot another coat of Oxford on the bumpers before the stripes.

Visit some dealers and see how many you can see a difference. If you see a difference with some, you'll get an idea of the percent. Your eyes are what matter.

Great pic of our 2016 Mustang.jpg

Thanks for the response. On my 10 it was very noticeable, especially on cloudy days. The plastic parts had a yellowish tint to them. I love white, but don't want to pay 80K and have the paint bother me every time I look at it.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Thanks for the response. On my 10 it was very noticeable, especially on cloudy days. The plastic parts had a yellowish tint to them. I love white, but don't want to pay 80K and have the paint bother me every time I look at it.
My suspicion is there is some luck of the draw. If you can check out a big enough sample you might be able to figure your odds. I order all my cars so keep my fingers crossed.

And maybe someone here knows if Ford plans to take extra care for the 500s. Can you imagine paying the $10k for the factory painted stripes and the bumpers didn't match perfectly?

And not to change the subject, but is it true there is only one color (black) for the painted stripes? WTF

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
2010 GT500.png
I have an 18 and I do not notice a difference in color at all. That may change with time?

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My suspicion is there is some luck of the draw. If you can check out a big enough sample you might be able to figure your odds. I order all my cars so keep my fingers crossed.

And maybe someone here knows if Ford plans to take extra care for the 500s. Can you imagine paying the $10k for the factory painted stripes and the bumpers didn't match perfectly?

And not to change the subject, but is it true there is only one color (black) for the painted stripes? WTF
It looks like you can get Black, Oxford white, and Kona blue painted stripes.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
2010 GT500.png

I know for a fact the 2010 GT500 is NOT oxford white. I'm not sure about the other years and I had my Oxford white 2018 5.0 parked next to my uncle's Hi Performance white 2010 GT500 and the GT500 is a lot different. Its not nearly as bright and more of a creamy white with maybe even some yellow in it compared to the Oxford White on my 2018.

Not sure the oxford white was available on the GT500 of other years though.

Sponsored

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know for a fact the 2010 GT500 is NOT oxford white. I'm not sure about the other years and I had my Oxford white 2018 5.0 parked next to my uncle's Hi Performance white 2010 GT500 and the GT500 is a lot different. Its not nearly as bright and more of a creamy white with maybe even some yellow in it compared to the Oxford White on my 2018.

Not sure the oxford white was available on the GT500 of other years though.
Yeah, I know it's not Oxford white. (Never said it was). I'm more concerned about whether or not Oxford white has an issue (similar to my GT500) in which the plastic panels are slightly different shades than the metals panels.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I've noticed no difference in the white between panels on my 18.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Yeah, I know it's not Oxford white. (Never said it was). I'm more concerned about whether or not Oxford white has an issue (similar to my GT500) in which the plastic panels are slightly different shades than the metals panels.
In my 16 GT/CS, I DO see slight differences in the rear and front bumpers compared to the rest of the body
Sponsored