Sponsored

OTT Stripes - What's going on?

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
So what is happening with those of us who have ordered the Stripes option for our ponies. I was shocked to hear that some Ford genius had decided to give us the fading shite - certainly wasn't indicated at any time by the dealership.

Recently I've heard rumours that cars have been arriving without these ordered stripes and I'm curious whether anyone can confirm that this has happened to their Stang?
:shrug:
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
When I ordered OTT stripes my dealer, by his own admission, had no idea what they would look like.

I was required to make a decision sight unseen, however, as the lock-in date for my spec was imminent.

I only realised that they would be of the fading variety via subsequent posts in other sections of this forum. Disappointed? Yes. I made a failed attempt to have them removed from my build and ETIS indicates that they are on my car.

I'll see what they look like at delivery and make a decision if they stay - leaning towards leaving them on at the moment.

As far as cars turning up without stripes as ordered, I'll leave it to [MENTION=14744]ivonovi[/MENTION] to share what he knows.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jumby

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Can't say it ever crossed my mind that the faded OTT stripe option would be considered by Ford and that they would have kept with something more traditional of the Mustang.

Had the XR5 with solid OTT and loved it - I guess I'll be doing the same as you Drew but I don't think I'm going to feel the love.

Going to see the dealer tomorrow and word him up on my preference in case she turns up sans stripes.

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
I do know for a fact that some cars which were supposed to get OTT showed up on our shores without them. These cars are still in Melbourne and will be fixed at the factory there (factory opens on the 18th, which should explain the delay on some cars which have been in the country for a while now. Similar situation with wheels, however that would be rectified at the dealers and not cause delays.

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I do know for a fact that some cars which were supposed to get OTT showed up on our shores without them. These cars are still in Melbourne and will be fixed at the factory there (factory opens on the 18th, which should explain the delay on some cars which have been in the country for a while now. Similar situation with wheels, however that would be rectified at the dealers and not cause delays.
'Fixed' does this suggest sanding back clear coat and spraying stripes then resealing with clearcoat?

Im cringing just thinking about it.... I have not ordered stripes, but am I right thinking they are painted? Not vinyl right?

Sponsored

ivonovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible Shadow Black, 17/Feb
Hmmmm...my understanding is that they were Vinyl

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok thats not so bad then haha, at least if you dont like the faded stripe its easily fixable.

Interesting that the factory option is only vinyl, caused alot of delay for a little thing. But i guess thats thats the trend with this car.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jumby

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Yep my experience with factory OTT stripes is that they are vinyl - and I'm dreading how the faded stripe will look in this stuff.

I wonder if the Australian factories are going to apply solid OTT or not?

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
I deleted my stripes around the same time as Drewbo, but my dealer led me to believe it was successful and dropped the price accordingly. Car build is imminent so don't have that final confirmation yet.

Already have my stripes from [MENTION=6592]BigWormGraphix[/MENTION] sitting here next to my orange fluffy dice, waiting to be applied. :headbang:

Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yep my experience with factory OTT stripes is that they are vinyl - and I'm dreading how the faded stripe will look in this stuff.

I wonder if the Australian factories are going to apply solid OTT or not?
Not sure why they sprung faded stripes on the aus market anyway, surely solid stripes arent a danger to pedestrians! Like the hood vents :crazy:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
i love my stripes. granted, it's a US spec car, but i've had the car now for about 30 hours, and they are awesome. would full body stripes like the gt350 be better? yes, absolutely! but it's not a gt350 and there needs to be some differentiation.

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
i love my stripes. granted, it's a US spec car, but i've had the car now for about 30 hours, and they are awesome. would full body stripes like the gt350 be better? yes, absolutely! but it's not a gt350 and there needs to be some differentiation.

I am still contemplating putting GT350 stripes on my GT.

Unfortunately for us in Australia, there isn't much likelihood of us getting any GT350's in country.:frusty:
Sponsored