Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krys
Vehicle(s)
Golf (waiting 4 the Bullitt)!!
Good morning everybody,
Thanks for accepting me.
I've never posted to a forum, so please forgive any rookie mistakes.
I've looked through various threads here to find my answer, but no luck. Since selling MY17 beautiful Ruby Red/Black GT auto last year, I've been reading up on all things Mustang related waiting for my Bullitt. My dealer has now given me a partial VIN that I've prefixed with 1FA6P8 (1FA6P8 V05K5197885) as suggested but ETIS isn't recognising it as a valid VIN and the Ford Window Sticker website says 'not yet released' (probably not valid either). My dealer info shows Est.Prod.Date 24-June-2019 so I thought VIN would be active by now. Have I used the correct prefix? Any help from the group would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Last edited:

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Good morning everybody,
Thanks for accepting me.
I've never posted to a forum, so please forgive any rookie mistakes.
I've looked through various threads here to find my answer, but no luck. Since selling MY17 beautiful Ruby Red/Black GT auto last year, I've been reading up on all things Mustang related waiting for my Bullitt. My dealer has now given me a partial VIN that I've prefixed with 1FA6P8 (1FA6P8 V05K5197885) as suggested but ETIS isn't recognising it as a valid VIN and the Ford Window Sticker website says 'not yet released' (probably not valid either). My dealer info shows Est.Prod.Date 24-June-2019 so I thought VIN would be active by now. Have I used the correct prefix? Any help from the group would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Based on my own experience ordering an MY19, the window sticker is the first thing to appear and usually appears about a week before the scheduled build (blend) date. Etis only seems to be updated when your car is actually built. So, for example, my car had an estimated build of 21st Jan, window sticker appeared on 17th Jan showing a blend date of 23rd Jan...but then car was caught up in the steering wheel issue so wasn't built until 13th Feb, with Etis finally showing my car on 14th Feb (although at that stage very limited information that kept expanding over the ensuing weeks). I gave up on that car in the end and bought one from dealer stock, but it illustrates the process.

So what can you do if it's not showing on the window sticker site yet and your dealer can't provide info? Well, there's a really useful German site that someone shared recently...but it looks like bad news I'm afraid. According to https://modernmusclecars.de/tools/mustangtracker/ your order has been cancelled. This seems to have happened to a lot of European orders recently, the assumption being there will be no more European MY19 cars built. You should check with your dealer to see what needs to happen to turn your MY19 order into an MY20 order if it really has been cancelled.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and there's no point me spouting my usual advice of check dealer stock as you're going for a Bullitt rather than a plain old GT.

OP
OP

MrsRaven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krys
Vehicle(s)
Golf (waiting 4 the Bullitt)!!
Based on my own experience ordering an MY19, the window sticker is the first thing to appear and usually appears about a week before the scheduled build (blend) date. Etis only seems to be updated when your car is actually built. So, for example, my car had an estimated build of 21st Jan, window sticker appeared on 17th Jan showing a blend date of 23rd Jan...but then car was caught up in the steering wheel issue so wasn't built until 13th Feb, with Etis finally showing my car on 14th Feb (although at that stage very limited information that kept expanding over the ensuing weeks). I gave up on that car in the end and bought one from dealer stock, but it illustrates the process.

So what can you do if it's not showing on the window sticker site yet and your dealer can't provide info? Well, there's a really useful German site that someone shared recently...but it looks like bad news I'm afraid. According to https://modernmusclecars.de/tools/mustangtracker/ your order has been cancelled. This seems to have happened to a lot of European orders recently, the assumption being there will be no more European MY19 cars built. You should check with your dealer to see what needs to happen to turn your MY19 order into an MY20 order if it really has been cancelled.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and there's no point me spouting my usual advice of check dealer stock as you're going for a Bullitt rather than a plain old GT.
Hey GW65,
Thanks for your information,
I'm still in contact with my dealer and my order status seems to be changing daily, very frustrating , but I've not lost all hope!
Sponsored