Sponsored

Order - delivery Belgium

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I had a call with the dealer today and my car is probably in Antwerpen...
It was at Zeebrugge and now its in Antwerpen... strange. He told me they collect all the cars there and then they distribute them to the dealers
They arrive in Zeebruges, get the lousy under-seal there, then get back on a ship to Antwerp for customs clearance. Then they go by truck or train (not sure) to the Ford distribution center in Tongeren. And finally by truck to your dealer. All of this takes +-10 weeks starting from the build date at Flat Rock.

So to know your estimated delivery date, count 10 weeks from the last day in the build week you had, you should end up with a Friday.

Cheers!
Sponsored

Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wim
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang ecoboost
Any idea how long it takes if the car is in Antwerpen? Don't know when he was build. Only when he was at Zeebrugge. That was begin June :-)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Any idea how long it takes if the car is in Antwerpen? Don't know when he was build. Only when he was at Zeebrugge. That was begin June :-)
2 or 3 weeks I think, it took almost 5 weeks from arrival in Zeebruges for mine.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I just spotted a new delivery on FB, they don't seem to come wrapped in the white covers anymore... wth!

Sponsored

cedfx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 fastback ecoboost guard color custom pack
The car was delivered to my dealer on the 23th of June (it was supposed to arrive end of May)

On the Saturday 25th of June I went to the dealer to give them my stuff I wanted them to install (dashcam, alternative LED reverse/fog light, DD LED interior lights kit) and ask them a few more things :

• chrome delete (black vinyl stickers) around the windows
  • Xvision front parking sensor : order, install and paint
  • Front and rear DASHCAM : hide the wire behind roof and door panel
  • Black wheels : paint the 4 premium package chrome wheels in black
  • 3 windows tint

On the 30th of June I call them to know how it goes and they tell me the car is scheduled for workshop the next day but he will call me back to give me updates...

On 1st of July
no updates...

4th of July
I call and they tell me the car is at workshop and they will call me back in the afternoon. No call...

5th of July
I send an email asking for news and a precise delivery appointment! They say ok for a delivery on the 8th of July at 3pm.

8th of July

At 12.15pm I receive an email from dealer saying the car is not ready and they cancel the delivery apointment and propose the next Wednesday 13th of July.

I call them and tell them I took a day off for the delivery and bank and I was angry due to delays late and bad communication. They told me the issue was with the alternative reverse/fog LED wiring and they admit they didn't finish the wheels painting (which was supposed to be finished a while ago according to them).

Today, 12 th of July
I call them to have a new delivery appointment as they told me it would be this Wednesday. My dealer is off but after her colleague were looking for informations, she told me the car couldn't be ready before Friday 15th of July!!:frusty::frusty:

So do you think it's normal they need 15 working days- 3 weeks (not counting the weekends ) to install and do what i requested ?

I am almost getting parano and think the car might have had a problem at delivery and they try to fix it...:shrug:

Anyway I told them that i wouldn't pick the car at all if it wasn't ready this Friday (as they...of course..."forgot" to write a delivery date on my ordering contract - which is mandatory to be able to apply the rules in case of delay written on the back of the contract - for me this contract is not regular and could be cancelled by me if I want to)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
If the dealer is not too far away from your home, then go over there to check the car.
For me, 3 weeks to install all of that is way too long.

At least, for Dashcam + Reverse light + windows tint + DD LED interior lights, it's all done in one afternoon !

Galeakon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang EB
Agreed, that is way to long. I share your suspicion that something is wrong. Let's hope they are just bad at planning. :headbonk:

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
The car was delivered to my dealer on the 23th of June (it was supposed to arrive end of May)

On the Saturday 25th of June I went to the dealer to give them my stuff I wanted them to install (dashcam, alternative LED reverse/fog light, DD LED interior lights kit) and ask them a few more things :

• chrome delete (black vinyl stickers) around the windows
  • Xvision front parking sensor : order, install and paint
  • Front and rear DASHCAM : hide the wire behind roof and door panel
  • Black wheels : paint the 4 premium package chrome wheels in black
  • 3 windows tint

On the 30th of June I call them to know how it goes and they tell me the car is scheduled for workshop the next day but he will call me back to give me updates...

On 1st of July
no updates...

4th of July
I call and they tell me the car is at workshop and they will call me back in the afternoon. No call...

5th of July
I send an email asking for news and a precise delivery appointment! They say ok for a delivery on the 8th of July at 3pm.

8th of July

At 12.15pm I receive an email from dealer saying the car is not ready and they cancel the delivery apointment and propose the next Wednesday 13th of July.

I call them and tell them I took a day off for the delivery and bank and I was angry due to delays late and bad communication. They told me the issue was with the alternative reverse/fog LED wiring and they admit they didn't finish the wheels painting (which was supposed to be finished a while ago according to them).

Today, 12 th of July
I call them to have a new delivery appointment as they told me it would be this Wednesday. My dealer is off but after her colleague were looking for informations, she told me the car couldn't be ready before Friday 15th of July!!:frusty::frusty:

So do you think it's normal they need 15 working days- 3 weeks (not counting the weekends ) to install and do what i requested ?

I am almost getting parano and think the car might have had a problem at delivery and they try to fix it...:shrug:

Anyway I told them that i wouldn't pick the car at all if it wasn't ready this Friday (as they...of course..."forgot" to write a delivery date on my ordering contract - which is mandatory to be able to apply the rules in case of delay written on the back of the contract - for me this contract is not regular and could be cancelled by me if I want to)
Had a similar experience, but 3 weeks :eye bulge: They would not have survived that.

After I think 9 days, the delivery had been moved for a week. I got really angry at my dealer and just went in and demanded the car's delivery next day morning @ 9 o'clock in the morning! Ready or not ready!
And that I will go to another dealer (their biggest rival) to finish the car and future check-ups.

Well, well, what do you know. Next day, the car was totally finished :cool: (they called me up and asked if they got time till 2 o'clock in the afternoon and I could pick up the car then).
The owner of the dealership wanted to be there personally to hand me the car and now I'm getting treated like a king over there... (or a difficult cliënt)
Sponsored